U

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024 2:24 PM

Tivo Pixelation

While researching my Tivo edge with Xfinity, I came across this forum. I moved to a new home and now my signal is so pixelated that I'm unable to watch any TV. It does not make a difference what channel I try.

I have had Xfinity come out 3 times who have been completely ridiculously unhelpful, all they have done is put a signal tester on the line and show me their results to be solid and strong, as usual it's Tivo's issue or the cable card. I have worked with Tivo, who has been somewhat helpful. They sent me channel diagnostics and concluded that my signal is too strong. I have put filters on the coaxial cable to reduce the signal strength, but it has not helped at all. So here I am stuck in the middle paying for a service that is unusable. I can call Xfinity and tell them what Tivo said, but I'm 99% sure I will get a 'not our problem' answer from Xfinity. I love my Tivo service with Xfinity and would hate to disconnect it. If I did that, I would go to YouTube TV because I'm so over Xfinity passing the blame.

Is Xfinity unwilling to support cable cards with Tivo any longer ? If that's the case just tell your customers so we can find other options.

Can anyone help me or have any suggestions ? 

Official Employee

• 

492 Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for reaching out on the forum @user_xzebya I apologize for the frustrating experience. We would be happy to assist. 

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

I'm really happy to hear our technicians were able to figure out what was going on with the connection, user_xzebya. Thanks for allowing us to help fix this situation once and for all. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to create a new public post. I will mark this post as resolved. Have a good one! 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 months ago

@user_xzebya @XfinityJoe @XfinityDilary 

If known. Would you please share with the community what the solution for this issue was so that all readers here may benefit from it ? Thank you.

2 Messages

The reason I knew it wasn't Tivo was because I just moved from my other house where Tivo worked perfectly, so I knew it was something on the Xfinity side.

I was fortunate to have a higher tier technician come out Finally !

here are the list of issues found.

1. The signal was good during the test, but there was a lot of noise on the line.

2. Splitter was old and outdated in the  Xfinity cable box on the house, splitter replaced

3, the cable ends outside the house had rust on them and required new weatherizing and new ends.

4. The MoCA Filter was Bad. I'm not a pro on the filters, but according to the tech, only 2 out of the 4  "something" were  working (Maybe channels ?) . Details were sketchy on that issue, but the end result was a defective MoCA filter

5. The tech also mentioned something about the ground on the cable box was defective or not connected correctly.

When the tech left, my signal was back to clear and normal.

Here are a few notes:

According to the tech, they are not supporting Tivo and cable cards in the field any longer, which makes me sad because the Tivo DVR's are awesome! but according to the tech in the forum, there is no official word on that. I really wish Xfinity would reconsider this business decision. It will be a sad day when Cable cards are truly no longer supported. 

I guess enjoy your cable card with Tivo while you can :)

Thanks Xfinity for working through this with me.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 months ago

Glad you got it squared away ! And thank you for returning with the update !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here