joe001's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Small cable box not working, but others are

Snowy screen with "Weak or no signal" message. 

A couple of days ago, I was moving some furniture and this box and TV got disconnected for half an hour. I cannot get it to work. Did Restart and System restart on the Comcast website, disconnecting and connecting cable boxes. (I don't remember now - isn't a small green light supposed to comes on the front of the cable box? There is no light now.)

My other cable boxes and TVs are working fine. One X-1, one small cable box, one a bit larger HD box. 

I cannot reach Comcast Support. For three days, they tell me that there is an outage in the area and they cannot help me. But that's far away and does not affect my TVs.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. But what is a "DTA"? The small cable box/converter from Comcast? 

My other small box that's working does not have a green light either, nor did another one on a very old TV that I have decided to remove. 

I think it's unlikely that the lights if there should be any, would go off on all the small cable boxes. And in any case, it seems to make no difference for the box working or no. 

The box as well as the TV are plugged into a standard wall outlet, where it has been working for years. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Assuming you are talking about a DTA, if you have no light it’s either the box, power supply or whatever you have it plugged into

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Furthermore, my local Comcast stores are closed so I cannot exchange the cable boxes.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

IT'S WORKING NOW! 

I have played with Settings in the Samsung remote. Have not changed anything but afterward all of a sudden, the TV came on! 

Maybe the TV signal was really "weak" and got better. (?) 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

BTW, the little green light on the box is now on. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here