C

Monday, September 23rd, 2024 6:46 AM

Roku Connectivity Issue

Hi! I’ve been using my Roku attachment for months with no issues. Suddenly it stopped working and Roku can’t make the wireless connection, even though the signal strength is “excellent” and my other devices connect fine. I’ve tried every type of reset for the TV, Roku, and router with no luck:(

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

13 days ago

chloec615 Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I totally understand how frustrating it can be when your Roku suddenly stops working, especially after everything was running smoothly for so long. I love using my own Roku too, so I can relate to wanting to get it back up and running as quickly as possible. Since your other devices are connecting fine and the signal strength looks good, let’s dig a little deeper to figure out what’s going on. I’d be happy to help troubleshoot this with you and explore other options to get everything back on track! Let me know if you’re seeing any specific error messages or if there's anything else you’ve noticed. Also have you checked to make sure your Roku is connected to your home network and not a hotspot? 

3 Messages

Thanks! Yes I’ve checked. I’m getting the code 014.30.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Appreciate the details on the error! 014.30 error occurs when a Roku device is not receiving a strong internet signal, or it is unable to connect to the internet during streaming. Is the Roku positioned behind the TV by chance? Rest assured, you are in great hands with our team! Excited to help you get this sorted out. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

The attachment is just below my tv with the associated cables plugged in the back of the TV. My Xfinity router is directly behind my Tv

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Perfect, thank you very much for the information. I will be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps from our end for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here