SW618's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, December 28th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Ref code s0a00 and status code 225 on some HD channels

Some of the HD channels are not working. Showing "one moment please... ref code s0a00 " on the DVR and "status code 225" on the set top boxes. Usually Fox, ABC, MSNBC, and few channels I don't watch regularly. Really messing up my NFL games.

I called support 3 times and performed the usual troubleshooting. The first agent said she tried everything, restart the boxes and system refresh. Didn't fix the issue and said she will send the issue to the "advanced tech" team. The channels came back the next day.

Then stopped again a day later. Called again and the 2nd agent fixed the issue by sending a high frequency signal. But started failing again before I went to bed.

Called again and this time the agent said she sent the signal and didn't work. Also said because it is not a total outage and due to the pandemic, they can't send anyone out and I just have to watch the channels in SD.

Now the DVR is showing "hunt" on the front LCD panel once in awhile.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix the issue?

BTW: I checked all the connections, manually restarted the box by unplugging power and coax. Also I don't use any splitter and didn't change anything before this all started happening.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

There’s no such thing as a “high frequency” signal to send. If you have more than one box, you have at least one splitter somewhere. The smaller boxes don’t need as good as signal as the larger box, so for them to pop up with the 225 code your signal problems are severe. Unfortunately, not much you can do until your market allows techs. Keep checking back for possible timeline of techs going out. I’ve escalated it up to an Official Employee to double check on tech appointments

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Based on the symptons you list the answer by CCAndrew about the signal level is most likely. While not the best solution over COMCAST actually fixing the caiuse of changing signal levels on thier lines you may want to ask about an amplifier at the entrance to your system. That would be a unit that is a powered splitter that helps reduce signal loss due to splitting the signal to your multiple devices. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you @26T. I will ask about the amplifier, though it's strange that it's been working fine, nothing has changed and just stopped working. This has happened before and usually does not last more than a day. Though this time it's been going on for 4 out of the last 6 days.

@CCAndrew thanks for the response and reaching out to an official employee. I am not a Comcast tech, just a stupid customer repeating what the agent told me On sending a "high frequency" signal. And indeed there is a splitter outside of my house. Comcast installed it 25 years ago when I became a customer, and replaced it 13 years ago when I subscribed to HD service.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

No worries, adding to @26T who suggested an amp. If the signal is garbage an amplifier will just amplify garbage and a tech would also need access to power for an amp.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It very well could be a resolved neighborhood issue.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks @CCAndrew & @26T, all the HD channels started working again few hours ago. It just suddenly resolved itself as it suddenly failed. Possibly Comcast did something in the backend b/c I surely didn't do anything and accept the fact that I paid for HD service but can't fully utilize it. Just hope it sticks so we could watch the NCAA playoffs and the last NFL reg season games.

Thanks for the advice!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

The issue came back few hours later. I give up and just watch the channels in SD 😢

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

The signal for these channels must be borderline bad/good and fluctuating between the two. Take a look and see if there’s any extra splitters you can remove, it’ll help signal

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

If you're still in need of support after checking cabling and if you need a technician out, SW618, I can definitely help with that. Let me know!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you @ComcastMorgan , all the HD channels came back last Friday (just in time for Football) with "Good" signal, and it has been working for a week now. I didn't report it because it kept working for few hours and failing and had been going on for two weeks since before Christmas. This time it is sticking for a week now. We will see.

I didn't do anything on my side except check cables. The signal just came back, probably something was done in the Comcast backend. There are no splitter inside my house to remove like CCAndrew recommended. Regardless, we are all good (for now).

Thanks,

-Sam

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here