U

Thursday, August 29th, 2024 1:34 AM

Pixelated

CBS appears to be the only channel with this problem. Help it’s bad. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

23 days ago

user_2dtz5t Thanks for reaching out! Are you watching CBS from a Xfinity X1 TV box, or another device? 

8 Messages

From my xfinity dvr box. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for confirming you are watching CBS from your XFINITY DVR box @user_2dtz5t, we appreciate you letting us know! To confirm, is this happening during live broadcasts, recorded programming or both? How long has this issue been occurring? Have you tried resetting your cable box? You can restart your cable box by following the instructions at this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-reboot-my-set-top-box.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

23 days ago

I restarted the box.  It did NOT fix the problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I appreciate you restarting your DVR, @user_2dtz5t. Have you by any chance tried completing a power cycle on your device? If not, please remove the power cord from the back of the cable box for about 10 seconds before plugging it back in. Please let me know if the issue continues after it comes back online.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

8 Messages

Yes the issue is continuing after unplugging for 30 secs.  Also the problem is on other TVs in house.   Just CBS as far as I know.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for those details @user_2dtz5t! Have you noticed if this happens during the commercials on CBS too?

8 Messages

Learned how to turn off the auto tune to HD feature….. the NON HD CBS is fine. No issue.  Seems like a problem on your end…..

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

It is very helpful to know the standard definition channel does not have the same issue the high definition channel is experiencing @user_2dtz5t. Could you please confirm if the commercials on the high definition channel are experiencing the same pixelation issues that occur during the show or movie being televised? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here