dapper921's profile

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

Thursday, August 15th, 2024 10:01 PM

Need remote code for older Silver remote to control PR150BNM Cable Box

I currently own (yes, I know it's old) xfinity cable box PR150BNM. I also own (yes I know, it's old too, but I like it) the silver remote (with the red ok/select button). everything functions well,

however the remote is showing its' age button-wise, so I purchased a new remote-same model. It accepted the remote code for my samsung tv, but I can't get it to

control the cable box; is there a remote code for this box?

thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

30 days ago

Try 01982, 01376, or 01877.

You may need to reset the remote before it will allow you to enter those.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

@BruceW​ not sure how to reset my particular remote.?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

29 days ago

... how to reset my particular remote ...

I don't have this remote for testing and Comcast doesn't seem to publish the Reset instructions, so all I can suggest the procedure in https://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewpost.cgi?1080134. Proceed with caution!

A) Unlock the cable setup codes:
1) Press Setup until 2 blinks
2) Enter 982
The remote should blink 4 times. If it blinks twice, repeat steps 1 and 2.

B) Assign 01982 to the Cable button
1) Press Setup until 2 blinks
2) Enter 01982 (if that doesn't work try one of the other codes)
The remote should blink twice and should now control the Cable box

Good luck!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

@BruceW​ successs! code 01982 worked--mostly. the exit, day+ and day- did not work. but code

01376 works perfectly. all keys work. many thanks!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here