S

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 3:32 AM

Milpitas, California Cablecard issue TNT-HD

Hi, is there anyone else in the Milpitas, California area using a Tivo, HDHomerun, or other CableCard using device?  I'd like to know if you are currently receiving channel 737 TNT-HD successfully (also equivalent channel 1404).  I've been getting error V53 since late January on this channel and only this channel (all others fine), and have repeatedly run into a brick wall at getting customer service to somehow message the head-end to look into their channel map configuration.  Every procedure they have is premised on that the problem is somehow on my end, with my box, my cablecard, or my account, or my signal, which to me is nearly impossible given that every other channel works, including ones on the same frequency that the Tivo thinks TNT is supposed to be on (291000 kHz).

They didn't convert TNT-HD to IP only did they?  In any case I can't get a straight answer from support.

Official Employee

• 

502 Messages

2 months ago

@stephtu, thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out. I understand the importance of access to your favorite channels and would be happy to take a look at what exactly is causing the error you are receiving. Have you made any form of change to the configuration of your equipment setup during this calendar year?

2 Messages

2 months ago

No I made no changes to my equipment. My equipment is working fine, based on all the other channels working. From logic, and my experience as an engineer who worked on hotel cable systems, the only thing that makes sense is a misconfigured cablecard channel map at the local headend. My problem is that I have had zero success with a dozen+ csr/tech support to get them to contact the local headend. They apparently either don't know how or aren't allowed to. Who can I contact when it is a headend issue, not a customer equipment issue?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

@@stephtu

Thank you let's take a deeper look into your account and see how we can get this resolved for you.

Could you please send us a direct message including your name, account holder name (if different), and the service address so we can get started. Myself or one of my awesome colleagues will respond as soon as possible.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here