CFFinney's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, June 7th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Can you change the “friendly name” of a non xfinity device?

• Can you change the “friendly name” of a non xfinity device? Specifically, a TiVo DVR. I have two in my house as well as an xfinity X1. I want to name them as to what models they are so they are more easily identifiable. 

• I renamed the X1 easy… but can't figure out how to rename the 2 TiVo boxes. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@CFFinney wrote: Can you change the “friendly name” of a non xfinity device? ...

What is the name of the app or the model number of the device where are you seeing the “friendly name”? xFi app? On the Tivo itself? On a router or gateway? On a mobile device?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

That would be a question for TiVo

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

CCAndrew, the name that shows up in the xfinity “devices” tab under “TV” is totally separate from the name in the TiVo unit itself.
I want to see something besides TV 1, TV 3, TV 4, etc and the cable card serial number. I changed the X1 name to reflex what and where it is. I want to do the same for the TiVo(s) so it shows up in the xfinity menu. They are already changed in the TiVos themselves.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@CFFinney wrote: ... I want the friendly name to change in the devices tab under TV on the xfinity website. ...

My Roamio (named "Living Room" on the box) shows up on https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices as TV Box "TV B", and the Serial # is actually the device CableCard Host ID. I know of no way to change these to something more descriptive.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Bruce, I want the friendly name to change in the devices tab under TV on the xfinity website. Right now they are generic TV 1, TV3, etc and show the cable card SN… I want them to be like TiVo EDGE Living Room, TiVo Roamio+ Bedroom... something like that.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here