S

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Mar 31, 2022 3:12 AM

Closed

Cable getting wavey lines intermittently

Hello new Xfinity customer. Enjoying the new service but occasionally the signal looks scrambled. We did have technician run a new cable and it is now buried. Would there be a way to fix this? I have recorded the image in its scrambled state. 

Official Employee

• 

285 Messages

6 m ago

Hey there @Sanjoe99! Thank you so much for reaching out! We will be happy to assist you with your signal issue. Are you having losing connection at any point in time?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 m ago

The signal is there at all times but the picture (tv show seems uninterrupted )but has wavey lines appearing randomly. 

Official Employee

• 

310 Messages

Hmm, that is super strange, when it is coming through in an intermittent fashion it really leads me to thinking more of an HDMI cable issue. I was curious if you have tried to remove and reconnect the HDMI or even attempted to use a different cable for a test? Thank you so much for all of your time and patience with this situation.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

It’s happens on on both of my TVs too. I just confirmed after watching the other Tv last night. I’ll try the hdmi unplugging.before I watch.tonight. It is what y’all describe as tiling I think. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I’m thinking it is coming from the cable outside if it happens on both TV’s?? Could that cable be nicked prior to them burying it or while burying it? It was left laying in the yard a few days?

XfinityEva

Official Employee

• 

482 Messages

Please keep us updated once you give that a try. (and if any other troubleshooting is performed) When did the tiling/pixelation start happening? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 m ago

The tiling has been present from install. It randomly pops up. 

Official Employee

• 

698 Messages

Were you able to perform the HDMI unplugging steps? Also, our amazing My Account app has some great troubleshooting features that can help with this issue. Have you taken advantage of this feature or performed any inspection of the cables inside your home? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here