jkshearer's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 11th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

Authenticate with streaming apps on FireStick

I was told 'go ahead and buy a FireStick and you can get rid of your set top box and use the Xfinity Stream app'.  OK, I now know that's wrong (grrr) but I committed to the FireStick and it's still pretty useful.  BUT...  I use probably 15+ apps for various channels and services that require authentication through Xfinity.  Some of the apps require re-authentication with Xfinity EVERY DAY!  Gets pretty frustrating.  Some apps only requrie re-authentication every week or so.

So my quetsion is, How do I stop this constant re-authentication, or at least stretch the time to several weeks or months?  Some articles say it's app specific, some say it's the provider.  Somehow I doubt I will get Xfinity to chat with Food Network on my behalf...  So I just pose the question to see if I am alone in this or if others have the same experience.

I highly doubt it's the FireStick, but I probably can't rule anything out...

Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I just purchased an Nvidia Shield TV. I have not noticed that yet on my device. I will look and see if my device has the same issue. My Roku never made me reauth its channel but it might be different for Fire Stick.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same problem April 2020. I'm getting very frustrated. Amazon has all the apps I need, however you cannot authenticate via Comcast. It just spins and spins. Yes I also have a Roku, no issues. My original fire stick works, but it's the Fire Cube that isn't authenticating any apps like CNNgo, History, or SYFY. I've spent all day. Factory data reset, logged out of all Xfinity sessions, changed password, cleared cache, cookies, etc. Exhausted all options. Signed in with another account , still no dice. The point of having my fire cube is for voice commands, ease of use. It's turning out to be a nightmare!!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here