U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 30th, 2022 6:16 PM

Closed

4 k box problems

I upgraded to a 4k box during the Olympics.  Programs and recordings started skipping. pausing and pixelating.  Live audio had constant pauses. (the main box and the remotes).  The apps (Netflix) and On Demand worked perfectly.  I've reset a dozen times, checked connections.  reset again.  I can't get though to tech support with out a refresh.  No changes.  I finally got through to tech support.  They wanted to start with the check list. I told them I have done the check list a dozen times.  Finally in the middle of the check list the technician decided I was right.  I stated I wanted a regular box because the 4K box has constant issues.  On April 19, 2021 the technician agreed to send me a regular box and I could mail the 4 k box back.  On April 29, the box hasn't arrived. I called tech support, and low and behold the box had not been shipped.  This tech apologized and said he would ship another box. I asked if I could go to the local store and pick up a box.  He said I did.  I went to the Kingfisher Drive store, turned in the 4K box and picked up a reconditioned regular box.  Came home installed the box, and low and behold, all the issues are fixed.  No skipping. pausing and pixelating.  No more audio skips.  Recordings are perfect (Even the ones recorded with on the the 4K box).  Problem solved. 

Comcast. listen to your customers.  There is an issue with the 4K box.  Please fix it.

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

2 years ago

Greetings, @user_182cfe. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. I apologize for the experience you had with the 4K box, but I'm definitely glad that we were able to get you a working box that will let you get back to enjoying your services. We really appreciate the detailed feedback you provided in regard to this experience as a whole and I will make sure to pass this feedback along. 

With that said, seeing that you've had the new box in your possession for a couple of days now, how has everything been working? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityLuis​ Hello.  I am having the same exact issue as the OP.  I do not want to lose my 4K viewing, but watching programming, particularly sports programming, becomes very frustrating.  Is it a compatibility issue between the X1 box and LG 4k TVs or is it with all 4K TVs?

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Hi @user_1b0c41, sorry to hear you're also having issues with your 4K box. Can you please let us know a bit more about the situation? What model of LG TV are you using and which 4K Xfinity cable box do you have

And to make sure we're not overlooking anything, please review the compatibility requirements outlined here: How To Get 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR With Xfinity

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

The new box is working great.  Fix the 4K box.  The problem was NOT in any of my cables or connections.  Listen to the customer, fix the 4K box.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

@user_182cfe, Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_182cfe​ 100% agreed. I’m tired of “checking cable”, hearing “have you tried restarting?”, or other questions. Fix the box

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I just got the 4k box. At times it will stop mid program stating the channel is unavailable.  At other times it won’t load past the welcome screen. Other times the audio completely drops out. No sound. 
I’ve had Comcast for years. Wondering if it’s time to change providers. This 4k box is NOT working and has become a hassle. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here