S

Contributor

• 

129 Messages

Monday, March 11th, 2024 6:21 AM

1 DVR and 2 HD Motorola Boxes not working

Hello,
I have a Motorola DVR DCX3400M, and two Motorola DCX3200M HD boxes on my account for years (before X1). The boxes has always worked fine without any major issues. Tonight 3/10 at around 9pm the picture froze on the living room TV connected to the DVR box. I waited a few seconds and tried to change the channel or power it off, and nothing happened. I then had to unplug the power cord from the box, waited 30 sec, and plugged it back in. The box started back up, picture worked fine and was able to change channels. But after an hour it says HUNT on the box display, the Time is not set, the Programing Guide shows To Be Announced for all the programs, and the DVR function is turned off. So basically all the "features" of the box are turned off except being able to watch and change channels. I called Comcast support and they were of no help. Tried to send a signal and box would not restart. They then started with the rhetoric "Since you have an older box you need to get an X1 box". I told them that this box has been working perfectly fine until when it froze tonight and I had to reset it. Now it's working but all the features are turned off. She basically said there was nothing she could do and wanted to schedule a tech to come out. I know that if a tech shows up, all they will want to do is a box swap, which means all my DVR recordings that I've had for years will be gone. So I'm asking if someone with Comcast Tech Support can look at this further and see if there is an issue with my account, billing code, feature code, that needs to be fixed, as I seriously doubt there is a issue with the box.
Update: when I went to my bedroom, I checked my HD DCX3200 box and it was working, showing the guide, programing, time. But I unplugged it and reconnected it, and after 30 minutes it's on the same condition as the DVR box, not downloading the time, channel names, programming, etc.

So I don't know if there is an issue in my area (head end) where the boxes aren't connecting.....or now Comcast is doing this to "force" people with older boxes onto X1, which we don't want.

Contributor

• 

129 Messages

2 months ago

Just a follow up question. If we are forced to have to replace our boxes with X1, which models have an internal hard drive? As I had heard the newer does don't have a drive and are strictly cloud based recording.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@SammyFL​ Did you ever get a reply/solution? I have had some similar issues with the same box, but haven't been able to get a solid answer as of yet.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

2 months ago

Hey, @SammyFL! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into with your video equipment. As we improve the network over time older devices will start to become obsolete. That's just the nature of technology. If you would like to see what boxes we currently offer, have a look at X1 TV Box equipment types.

As for your current video issues, do you ever end up with an error message on the screen or error code? Or do most of the functions just stop working?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here