U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 26th, 2024 12:09 AM

WiFi calling question

I have both cellular and WiFi calling turned on.  When I am home my iPhone 14 has started getting a lot of ‘call failed’ messages when I call out and sometimes people call me and my phone never rings.  Also in some of these situations when phone doesn’t ring I do not see a missed call in ‘recents’.  What could be causing these problems?

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

5 months ago

Hey @user_26a79d, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Have you had any other issues with the internet or WiFi on the phone? Also, have you noticed if it is happening on other WiFi connections?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Hi Nicolas,

We have also had intermittent problems printing from our iPhones - we have two printers and sometimes can’t print to either one (phone doesn’t see printer). Also today I had the experience of not being able to print from my laptop to either printer for a little while (said both printers were offline).

I don’t normally connect to WiFi outside my house so no examples there.

Thanks for your help!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I really appreciate those details @user_26a79d! When the laptop had issues connecting to the printers, were the printers showing connected to online?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I was using HP Smart for scanning on my laptop when I had the problem not being able to connect to either printer.  HP Smart software tells you “printer not connected” or language to that effect.  A few minutes later I tried again without doing anything different and was able to scan.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hmmm. We are unable to troubleshoot that device.  Have you tried reaching out to the manufacturer for tips on how to troubleshoot this @user_26a79d?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Xfinity, please see earlier replies in the thread.  Our iPhones and my laptop all work normally.  Problem seems to be with some intermittent issue with Xfinity WiFi.  Thank you.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

I am having the same problem

Official Employee

• 

629 Messages

@user_7c741f, thank you for using the Xfinity Community Forums page to reach out. We would be happy to address your WiFi calling concerns. Are you currently an Xfinity mobile customer?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here