A

Thursday, January 18th, 2024 1:04 PM

Texts don't send

I switched to Xfinity mobile service about 2 months ago and I have to restart my phone three four times a day because my text failed to send. 

I called Xfinity and was told I couldn't speak to an agent until I worked with their Mobile Assistant so I wasted time with that only to be told the Mobile Assistant couldn't help me. I spoke to an operator who offered to connect me to Samsung customer service because everything looks good with my service on my Xfinity account. I found this forum and it looks like this is a long-standing problem with Xfinity. Very unhappy with the switch.

1 Message

5 months ago

Bump same, having issues with calling out now too.

Official Employee

• 

963 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @warlock1337. If you are having an issue with your Mobile service you can reach out to a Mobile expert at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile or you can text or call them at 888-936-4968. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

5 months ago

Amyp1 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

1 Message

4 months ago

Having the same issues so sorry I switched to xfinity mobile issues over the last 4 months, terrible terrible services. Never had this problem with AT&T

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I have the same issue. It's Xfinity/Verizon connectivity issue. Could be a per account issue or your whole Xfinity backend unresolved propagation issue. 

Here are 2 other cases that showed the switch from Verizon to Xfinity was the issues:

Case 1

When they switched my phone from Verizon to xfinity at the store they didn’t do it correctly and didn’t have all of the features included. She was able to fix that on her end, I restarted my phone, reset my network connection and was able to text groups again

Case 2

Advanced services with Xfinity 

RESOLVED** - I finally got a rep who knew what to do. Something about deleting my # in the registry, and 'rebuiling" the connection in the antenna. No idea, but I clicked on reset network settings, powered off phone, he did his thing which was about 5 minutes. turned it back on, and to my surprise, it worked.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Continued problems with random message fails. Have tried everything, iMessage on/off, WiFi on/off, phone reset. VERY FRUSTRATING! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_c2cd23 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I understand your frustration and would be frustrated too. If you are still experiencing this issue with random message fails despite trying various troubleshooting steps such as turning iMessage on/off, toggling WiFi on/off, and resetting the phone, there are a few more steps you can take. First, make sure that messages are being delivered on your iPhone and not on other devices like an iPad or Watch. Confirm if your line plan lists on the Apple Watch App/Galaxy Wearable App and check if there is a known WiFi network in the area you are testing. If there is, turn off the WiFi on your smartwatch. The watch will search for cellular service once you are away from the phone. Test text messages and cellular service once you see cell service. Please let us know if are still running into this issue. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

2 months ago

I'm having the same problem!!!  Very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

752 Messages

@user_l6a5at​ thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. I completely understand the frustration when not receiving text communications. I did want to help get the proper expectations set up that our options with Xfinity Mobile are limited over this platform, but do want to ensure your not receiving text issue is able to get resolved. 

A great community @user_22dr6g had provided an update above on a resolution: RESOLVED** - I finally got a rep who knew what to do. Something about deleting my # in the registry, and 'rebuiling" the connection in the antenna. No idea, but I clicked on reset network settings, powered off phone, he did his thing which was about 5 minutes. turned it back on, and to my surprise, it worked.

Have you worked with our Xfinity Mobile experts by calling 1-888-936-4968, or through the Xfinity Mobile assistant:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

1 month ago

Having issues again with not being able to send / receive text messages until I reboot my Android device.  This happened a few months ago after a Samsung update.  Samsung says it's a carrier issue this time as there haven't been any updates from Samsung.  It's frustrating having to reboot my phone daily to send/receive messages. 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hey there, tuckxkcut24, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your issue with your Samsung device. Have you tried restarting your Network Settings to see if that helps with your issue? I know others mentioned that helped with those concerns. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

13 days ago

I have been having this same problem for months now.  80 % of text fail or say they go and the recipient says I never got a text from  you.   One rime I texted my boss I was sick and could not make it in and he never got it even though it says it went.  He was pissed.      Also texting g my wife who also has same service says sometimes she never gets text.   Her phone does this to text fail to send.  Sometimes a restart will allow them to go but it's a pain.   They claim they are on Verizon most reliable network. I call bs.   Something is not right I was on Verizon and NEVER had this issue.    

Sometimes they keep failing even after a restart and I just have to delete the text then resend.    I have a few co workers who also state they also are having the same issue.  It doesn't matter what messaging app I use the default Samsung or the message plus.   So xfinity what are you doing to correct this ?????

It's been almost a year and has been doing this since day 1. I don't have time to work with support people that tell me oh it's a Samsung problem or it's something your doing. It's sooo frustrating.   I want solutions not blame on other companies or me. 

Obviously there is a major issue and it's not just me having it.   Xfinity needs to fix this asap.   Or they will be losing lots of customers.   

1 Message

3 days ago

Anyone find a resolution to this. I just switched from tmobile to xfinity mobile and thinking it was a mistake. My text messages randomly stop sending until I restart the phone and then they all go through. Something is obviously broken. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_xcz81f, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to visit XFINITY over our forums page for help with those text messages stopping. We appreciate you greatly for choosing us to be your mobile service provider. I actually experienced a similar issue with an older device so I can relate. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We can help. To get started, would you mind confirming your mobile manufacture and phone model?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here