U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 11th, 2023 4:32 AM

Closed

Terrible to no-existing cellular service with no solution

I have had Xfinity mobile service for over a year and have 3 lines. 1 of my lines has not had decent service this entire time. Most of the time there is no data, no ability to send or receive text messages or phone calls. I have called over 40 times and wasted at least an hour up to 4 hours with support. I get told it is being sent to the advanced team but nothing has been improved or fixed. Most of the time they don’t return promised call backs and I have never been given a discount or solution. In the last 4 days I have called been given a ticket number and of course told the advanced team was working on it and changes were made to that line so I have to wait 24-48 hours and if no improvement the next step is a replacement device. This day 5 hours in total wa spent on the line with support for myself and my son as it is his line. Waited the 48 hours and there is no improvement in fact it is worse. I have been hung up on, told the ticket is non-existent so cancelled. I called back and the person who said there is no ticket number put me on hold after 20 minutes of giving the history, he just placed me back in the waiting room because a new person answered and it started all over again. 
this is the definition of insanity, round and round we go same step’s every time with no improvements. The service person insisted he had to call the line and speak with my son so he could give him directions for the same step’s performed 100 times over, restarting the cellular connection, changing/checking settings etc. I finally yelled this is enough. What don’t they understand! The line has no working services it cannot be called! My son has to go to a restaurant with public Wi-Fi to have any chance of his phone working at all! He was there for hours numerous days in a row. I explained what has been tried but it doesn’t make any difference they want to it over and over for no reason. 
I have not been offered any discount or bill credits for the lack of service only treated badly and told to have him call when he gets service. I have stated the process of switching to another provider 

it is not right to continue charging someone full price for a service you are not providing! Worst customer service experience I have ever had, wasted too many hours on hold or troubleshooting a device the exact same way and changing or checking settings that have been verified minutes earlier, I would not recommend mobile service through them.

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

1 year ago

If your phones have "WiFi calling"  and if you have WiFi in your home, that should solve the problem while you are at home.  But, reading your post, you may not have home WiFi?   If no WiFi at home and a weak Verizon signal,  changing carriers would seem to be your best solution. 

If you have WiFi at home but don't have WiFi calling on your phones, then the easy solution would be to install a Verizon Network Extender via you WiFi. However, XM does not offer, nor does it support said Network Extender, even though it could if it wanted to. Terrible customer support.  There is a work-around if you need to stay with XM:  If you have WiFi, and you have a friend/family member who has Verizon Mobile, they can purchase the Network Extender (or if they complain loud enough, it will be Free) for around $250. The friend can install it at your house with their VM credentials and you will get 4 bars throughout the house and maybe in the immediate outside surroundings.  Good luck !!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@GeneLa56​ I have home internet but the line that is not working is my son’s and he doesn’t have internet. He is in college and Xfinity said they have coverage for that area. I wish I could given that a try but I am currently in the process of switching carriers because I have not gotten the return call I was promised nor any real help.  I plan to file a formal complaint wherever I can, FCC, CA DOJ, BBB etc as it’s obvious from reading others experiences that it is common practice for them to take advantage of customers.

2 Messages

@GeneLa56​ No, wi-fi calling makes no difference.  I am unable to receive incoming calls using wi-fi calling.  Nothing works.  Customer service is non-existent.  

Official Employee

• 

356 Messages

Good afternoon @user_8sk9ec. If you are still having issues with your incoming calls, please send us a direct message with your full name and full service address. 

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, @user_a14583! Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your mobile questions and concerns. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device (I would try texting this number since you've already made several phone calls). You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your residential service(s) by creating a new post, and we'll be here to assist you however we can!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

This happens to me ALL of the time- super frustrating.

9 Messages

Same issue for me. It use to work great not sure what happened and why they are so unhelpful.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there @user_a36170!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited on this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

Going through the same exact thing right now. Was even told I was going to get a new phone and sent to the store just to find out they don't do replacements if the phone was originally shipped through the mail. Then to find out because I don't have insurance I'm not eligible for a new phone. So why did the first agent give me a ticket number and tell me I would receive a confirmation email through fed ex to be able to track. I called several times trying to explain the I have no link network while I still have Internet and cable and all they wanted to do is tell me it's a mechanical issue & pass me over to the manufacturer, just for them to find out that it was the mobile network. The last agent trouble shooted for me and did some things on his end to get me back connected to the Internet and to be able to receive phone calls again. But in the middle of us confirming everything was back up and running, the connection dropped again. He told me he would call back tomorrow to see if I'm still having problems once we got me connected again to see if I'm still experiencing problems. Well not even 10 minutes after there's no connection again.Well after being lied to and given false ticket numbers numbers and even had one agent hang up,  I'm fed up &  one foot out the door with Xfinity now. If I don't receive a call back tomorrow I'm switching carriers. Obvious what's going on here after reading all the reviews. I have had better service with prepaids. If you're reading these complaints and contemplating going with Xfinity. Let these testimonials speak for themselves and go with a different provider.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

Same problem here! Have had Xfinity mobile for about 2 years and it's worked great up until a couple of months ago. My phone doesn't say "no service" but if I'm not connected to wifi, I can't do anything other than phone calls and texts. No maps, no music, no apps, nothing. And not being able to map directions while out and about is a nightmare. 

The service is also bad with some wifi. At home, everything works perfect ( I have Xfinity internet). At work, even with internet, the service is terrible. I work at a university! I never had this issue with my past provider when I was at work. 

I want to stick with xfinity if possible because it's a great price, but if I can't use my phone anywhere except at home with my internet, there is no point in having a smart phone. 

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

Hey, @user_fa6c99! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with internet issues with your XM mobile phone. Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

1 Message

7 months ago

I moved cell service for both my wife and I to Xfinity Mobile several months ago to get a bundle deal with getting a better Xfinity TV plan. We had great service with our age 55 plus deal with T-Mobile for several years before that. We had Verizon before that and so I didn't think there would be a problem since Xfinity uses the Verizon tower network. However, I have been very disappointed in the level of signal service. Our signal at home never gets better than 2 bars and never LTE. I don't recall ever seeing any 5G service at all even though we got it quite frequently on T-Mobile. Our phones are Samsung A42 5G and were purchased unlocked. I can rarely get any internet service when I'm away from home, although my wife's phone may be able to get LTE service at the same place at the same time. I'm wondering if I need a new SIM card or if that could even be the problem. In summary, I'll say that when this bundle deal with Xfinity mobile ends, I'll be going back to T-Mobile if your service doesn't improve. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_39sqsk

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

6 months ago

I am having these same issues along with consistent loss of mobile service, dropped calls, etc. No one seems to be able to help when you call. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_yzf3dh Thank you so much for letting us know you are running into service issues as well. Have you by chance tried the chat option listed above? We're not able to access your Xfinity Mobile account here but our Xfinity Mobile Team are experts at what they do, and I know they can get this resolved for you.

1 Message

6 months ago

Xfinity Mobile plan [Edited: "Language"]. If it's not on LTE mode all the time its on SOS that means no service at all, I can't do anything. I'm honestly paying for no service. They should resolve that issue. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@mydrene It is not good to hear that you have been into issues with your connection when not connected to LTE. We know having a strong connection is important so that you can stay connected with the people you need! Have you reached out to our Xfinity Mobile team at 888-936-4968 or via chat for assistance with your connection?

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

6 months ago

I have been an XM customer since its inception. Unless it just a very basic problem, I have found Xfinity Mobile support to be absolutely useless; a waste of time no matter what higher"Support Tier" you are elevated to.  DIY solution to a common problem:  if you have lousy cell signal at your home, then either implement "WiFi calling" on your phone, but if that is not possible, then find a friend who has Verizon Wireless and get them to order (for you) a Verizon Network Extender which you can then use their credentials to install the unit at your residence.  Very easy setup. Friend will need to register the Extender on their Verizon account. 

WiFi calling will not improve your texting if that is a problem. 

(edited)

2 Messages

6 months ago

I also have been very dissatisfied with Xfinity Mobile's weak LTE/5G signal. Usually I only get one or two bars so I can't browse, steam, or download when not near a WiFi signal. And not all hotspots that show on a the Xfinity map are actually active.

Unfortunately, there is not any real solution for this and Xfinity won't tell you why. But the reason is simply that Xfinity uses Verizon's network and Verizon gives priority to their own subscribers over those subscribing through others carriers.

I had switched from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile for the savings which was more than half of what I was paying Verizon. But as soon as my device is paid off, I'm porting my number back to Verizon will grudgingly pay their higher rate.

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

6 months ago

In my case of having just one bar of service with XM at my home, my visiting friends and one neighbor who have Verizon experience just one bar also so it's not a case of Verizon customers having priority over XM customers.  I have read on other sites that during high activity periods, Verizon may throttle back XM and the like,  however, as a casual user, one should seldom notice a difference AND it would show as difference in speed, not signal strength.  

1 Message

6 months ago

Hello I'm having the same issues as well. I always have a network error so I can't send or receive texts. It went on from last night and this morning. I switched from T-mobile and I am starting to regret this. I have xfinity internet and the wifi means nothing. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello user_0fp5qe

Our support team for Xfinity Mobile is amazing. I did include the various methods you can use to reach out to get support. Thank you for getting us in the loop. 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

9 Messages

6 months ago

Is there a cell signal booster that I can buy that will work with Xfinity?  Simple question.   

Contributor

• 

63 Messages

5 months ago

like i stated before, if you have a friend/family member with a Verizon Wireless account, they can purchase (or get one FREE by pleading a case for better coverage) a Verizon Network Extender and then you can install it at your house.  They have to register it on their account.  The Verizon Network Extender plugs into your router .  While I had mine up and running, I got 4 or 5 bars of service in/around the house.  It was great.  Then Verizon phased out my model of extender rendering it useless.  I then purchased a new XM mobile with WiFi calling (old phone did not have that feature) and it works fine around the house, usually 4 bars.  

I have tried a couple of "signal boosters" and they didn't work for me at my house and my Verizon signal dead-zone.  Maybe if the signal was a little stronger, a booster would have worked.  My street is 1/2 block long and it is all barely one-bar territory.  

2 Messages

It happened to us as well. As soon as we added the 3rd line, my wife phone started to drop signal from time to time. 

we had numerous calls and tried many things they suggested. Her phone will start to have signal in the first 30s after reset and went no signal. The 24/7 number ending 4968 is not 24/7. They asked us to call in the day time. One agent hanged up on me stating calling me back in 10min but never did. 

I do not know what to do. If you cannot fix it, please do not lie you will call back. I can try to call tomorrow. 

if you cannot support 3lines just tell us, we can have another carrier for the 3rd line. Sometimes it is important for us to keep the phone working. If you cannot provide reliable signal please be honest and we can try to make sure phone that needs reliability with the right carrier. 

2 Messages

@user_jt4ysa​ again these phones. The other two are having 4bars. So it is not a reception issue. It looks like as if they only allow two lines even though they signed us up for three lines. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 gig for 15 a month lol pathetic, oh thats ok we o ffer you 3 gig for 30 dollars, OH GEE what a deal NOT! oh you want your phone to work faster okay we have super speedy speed for 130 a month does that sound nice? Im earth have we met yet. your cell phone service is pathetic GET  A CLUE COMCAST! Btw boost offers unlimited data for 40 a month im paying 35 rn. and its got 5 g speeds all the time up to 36 gigs. your faar behind oh and their phone runs fast. no lag issues. your phone service is 80% o f the time literally unusable are you kidding us rn?

(edited)

2 Messages

5 months ago

We've had Xfinity mobile for a year and the connectivity from our house is spotty at best; frequent dropped calls and very very poor reception.  The agent at the xfinity store said, "Oh, you need to upgrade your phone to a 5 G phone". So I tried that.  Same [Edited: Language] service. When I switched to Xfinity they bragged about how they use the Verizon network and it's the best in the country.  Maybe xfinity customes get the leftovers.  We have Xfinity Wifi at home with very high speed. Wifi calling isn't any better.  Forget calling customer service, I've already spent 10 hours on the phone with them trying to resolve a basic billing issue.  [Edited: Language]! Could they be any worse. 

(edited)

2 Messages

5 months ago

All sounds too familiar. My husband and I have been with XM for 2years. Just came up for a upgrade. Received our phones and was on the phone the next day. Even sitting 2 feet in front of the router in our house with high speed we had 1 bar at best. Can't connect to our cars, watches and can rarely surf. Spent numerous hours and days on the phone with tech. No solutions. Xfinity then said oops sorry can't return or exchange. It's been over 14 days. Are you adding me? Didn't even expedite until after this time with records clearly showing our contact. To add injury to insult was told our bill would only go up 10 and we have seen a 60 dollar increase. The Samsung tech (once escalated) said she was a former employee of XM and told the agent it should have been escalated in day 2 of new phones when no solution was found. She said she left XM for this exact reason...lack of care and no solutions. I was given a ticket to go to certified Samsung store with a tech in house. He proceeded to say to me when I explained....Please tell me this is not XM! What? He said he has seen so many customers with the same issue and there is absolutely nothing they can do. It is an Xfinity issue. Now we are stuck in a contract for 2 years with phones that don't send or receive texts, can't connect, just paperweight. Between our internet, basic cable and phones we pay over $400 a month for services and this is what we are left with???? They are stealing from us. We are not sure what to do. Idk if Jacksonville Florida has any good internet providers worth switching. We aren't going to pay for services we can't use....and I need my phone for work. A corporation this big and wealthy and can't even fix their connectivity networks or allow us to get phones that work or heck even release us from the contract with no issues. I'm sorry everyone else has run into this. Has anyone come up with a solution????

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here