R2daR's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, December 3rd, 2023 9:44 PM

Phone keeps dropping signal.

There seem to have been a number of threads on this topic but no resolution so far. I am starting a new thread with the hopes that it gets some attention from someone who knows what to do to fix the problem.

For the past several months, my iPhone Pro Max 11 keeps "silently" losing connection to the Xfinity cellular network. It is now an almost hourly occurrence and the only way to re-establish a signal it to turn on and off airplane mode. At that point, I always re-establish a signal, so I am clearly not in a "dead zone." My 13 yo daughter's phone also seems to have a similar problem and the issue came to a head when my daughter and I were at a concert, got separated, and I was unable to reach her on her phone as it had lost its signal. Thankfully, she was able to borrow a friendly stranger's phone and was able to call me. It was only when I checked out her phone that I noticed that it did not have a signal.

I have chatted with Xfinity service multiple times and have gone through their usual useless steps: remove SIM card, re-insert, clean SIM card, new SIM card, network reset etc. and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end and would appreciate if someone more knowledgeable would reach out with a solution. With all of the others having similar problems on this forum, it seems to be a systemic issue and not just isolated to me. It is very frustrating and not tenable. 

Best,

Ravi.

Official Employee

• 

570 Messages

7 months ago

@R2daR Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I chatted with another agent today. After telling him all that I had been asked to do previously, he asked me to reset my network settings again 🤦🏻‍♂️. And then he asked if could back up my data and do a new install of my OS. At that point, I told him that I had to go. Stop making your customers run around in circles with no clear plan or understanding of the problem. 

From my online research, it seems like many folks on Verizon/Xfinity are having this problem. When in an area with weak signal, the connection can drop and not reconnect again when the signal returns. 

Appears to be a systemic problem that Verizon/Xfinity need to solve. 

4 Messages

7 months ago

Running into the same issue. Had no service for hours today and now calls keep getting dropped 

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_qyhwcp​ very frustrating. 

are you able to re-establish a connection by turning on and off airplane mode? Even if it is temporary?

1 Message

I have the same problem. Seems to have started when Xfinity switched to 5g. No solution. Thanks for letting me know Verizon has the same issue. Guess it's time to switch back to AT&T. We shall see if they have a solution.

Thanks for posting.

Official Employee

• 

578 Messages

Good Morning, I am so sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your Xfinity Mobile @user_53dbea!  Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps? Have you reset your network settings on your device?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

5 months ago

We are having the same issue with our iPhone XR iPhone 11. Initially thought it is the problem of the phone, or maybe we downloaded some bad apps. But after it happened to multiple phones in our households, maybe it is the problem of the network. It will resolve itself only after shutdown and restart the phone. But it happens 2-3 times a day and can be really annoying. The other day I missed 8 important calls from family members! 

Official Employee

• 

419 Messages

@user_0ietv8 Wow, that is a lot. If you performed basic troubleshooting suggested here on the forums or by other community posts to fix it, let the Xfinity Mobile team know what is happening directly. We have access to residential services here, while mobile customers get secure/direct support. Call or text 1 (888) 936-4968 to reach our secure Mobile team. You can also chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile, where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

3 months ago

Experiencing the same thing with my iPhone SE so I suspect it's a network issue. I'm going to try changing networks.

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

Hi @user_fdnx1h Thank you for commenting on the thread today. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps such as a full power down? I would check the coverage map as well at Network Coverage.

1 Message

3 months ago

Good luck to all of you having this issue!

I've had this problem in my home for 11 months.  90% of all calls sent or received are dropped, especially if I move after establishing a connection on a received or sent call.  Sometime the it happens immediately and sometimes it happens after 10-30 seconds.

It all started after an Xfinity hotspot was installed in my neighborhood last Spring.  One theory that's been alluded to is that my wifi modem/router and the hotspot both vy for my phone's connection and when a switch occurs between the two, the call is dropped.  I've made over 40 calls and visited the Xfinity store several times without resolution. 

I've only hung in because I have a landline.  But now Xfinity is trying to eliminate landline numbers with a free mobile phone incentive to transfer the landline number to a mobile phone.  But I can't do this because having a landline is my only recourse.  So I pay more for a landline because the quality of my mobile phone service at home is so poor.   

I'm willing to bet Xfinity is having significant problems going wireless with hotspots because I hear other Xfinity mobile users having this problem in other communities, and I think my only alternative is to return to Verizon and use signal extenders since Verizon tower service is poor in my neighborhood.  But poor service is better than dropped calls.  If I do this, it'll be a good time to explore replacing Xfinity internet with a fiber optic network and Xfinity cable with streaming services.   When one provider's door slams shut in the face of a long-time customer, other providers' doors just may open!

1 Message

1 month ago

I’ve had this service for a few weeks and I keep dropping calls. I have updated my iPhone 14, reset the network at least 3 times. I’ve also got another e-sim card once. I feel it’s your towers in my area. I didn’t have this issue with my other provider. I’m very close to finding another provider, this makes no sense.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_70633j We are sorry to hear you have had so much trouble with our mobile service. This is not the experience we want for our customers. Have you spoke with our mobile care team about this issue already? 

3 Messages

1 month ago

Same thing is happening to me. And this has been going on since last year December (2023). I have called numerous times and been told to reset the network settings, which doesn't eliminate the problem. I'm on the phone right now with another agent. I've filed a complaint and asked for a refund of my services. Even when I call the agents and ask for assistance, they then test my phone by calling it (I am now talking to them from my work computer headset/line), and it goes straight to VM! Even after resetting the network and deleting my eSIM and downloading a new eSIM, the agent has called me 3 times now and none of them have made my phone ring, or vibrate. I just see that a call came and that I missed it. 

Official Employee

• 

602 Messages

user_aq0x8q Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

3 Messages

So that you make me spend another hour + on the phone resetting all my stuff and deleting my eSim card and setting up a new one, only to call me and have it not make my phone do anything? 

Official Employee

• 

983 Messages

Hello @user_aq0x8q, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the phone issues, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

20 days ago

Same issue since switching to a Xfinity home network with TV,  Voice,  Internet and mobile iPhone

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 days ago

My wife and I have had this same issue for several months now.  She has an original iPhone SE and I have an 11 Pro.   When both phones lose the Xfinity Mobile (XM) signal we’re unable to send or receive texts and phone calls, pretty much renders the phone useless since we have terrible cellular service in our home. The only way to reconnect to the XM signal was to toggle Airplane Mode which worked some of the time or reboot the phone which always seemed to work.

We took both phones to Apple and they ran diagnostics and said all was ok on both phones and that it was an XM issue.  Which makes sense since we have different phones and share the same plan.  What else could it be, right.  I had numerous conversations with XM technical support well you know what it’s like talking to Comcast.  We did factory resets, cleared network connections numerous times.  Nothing worked.  This past week we got new SIM cards for both phones, to be honest I wasn’t optimistic that this would do the trick since what are the chances that SIM cards on 2 different phones could be the culprit, but I was desperate.  When I called to have the cards activated I actually got an adult on the line and I explained the connectivity issue to her.  She had text conversations with higher level support and guess what.  There is a switch for the account that wasn’t turned on.  Only XM can turn it on.  This switch enables the phone to automatically reconnect to the XM cellular network if it loses the signal.  It takes 24 hours to activate.  It’s been two days now and it has seemed to do the trick.  The front line support is clueless so you have to insist that they activate it.  If they give you a hard time hang up and get another tech on the line or ask to speak with customer loyalty.

Furthermore, she told her higher level support about the terrible coverage in my house.  They ran a test and apparently this is an issue in my neighborhood.  They are going to fix this by reorienting one of the satellites which can apparently take a few months but at least it’s in the works.  Fingers crossed.  Very frustrating.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here