U

Thursday, November 16th, 2023 10:41 PM

Closed

MMS sends half the time and if it does, it takes up to 30 minutes to send.

My MMS (photos, videos etc) aren't sending consistently. About half the time the photo will fail to send. The other half of the time it either sends immediately, takes up to 30 minutes or send twice. 

I started out with this issue on a Samsung Z Flip 4 that i had for about a year with xfinity. One of my troubleshooting steps from xfinity was to get a new phone because "its probably the phone". Well I went and got the S23 Plus and same issue. I also added a line to my plan. That line came from AT&T and 2 years that phone never had an issue until the day we added the xfinity SIM. I've now talk to 14 people (tier 1s, 2 tier 2s, 3 supervisors one of them the advanced team). I was also told upgrading from the 3rd generation plan to the 4th generation would work. 

Here's the troubleshooting we've done:

- They have all provisioned the phone what ever that means exactly I'm not sure. 

- we've reset network settings multiple times

- we've tried only using data 

- one guy told me to stand outside (didn't work)

- phones are fully updated

- I was told it's the Verizon towers and that if I had a Verizon phone it probably would have the same issue. We have two separate Verizon phones for work and both work fine. 

- tried new SIM cards 

- tried new phone 

-there's been 2 tickets put out (not sure to who) but I've only received a ticket number for one. Still waiting on a call back from that escalation. 

- one guy said he turned on my 5g which is strange because I already had that 

- I was told my phone was set to international (?) and they switched it back. 

- completely reset factory settings on the phone I just bought

- tried Googles texting app

- confirmed the messing settings like turning on mms is correct 

- I was asked if I it was from me living in a rural area when I'm 15 minutes outside of Chicago. 

It doesn't matter the carrier or phone model we send to. Doesn't matter where I am. 

It's been 10 hours all together over the last month because I get the Comcast employee discount and I don't care as long as it's resolved but I've been screwed during a serious family emergency because of this. I'm out of ideas and so is the support line I'm guessing 

27 Messages

8 months ago

I had an MMS issue with two Samsung phones, the Executive response team had to directly work with Verizon to fix the issue, now resolved. I had a similar experience testing and retesting to find a fix. I could send MMS to my wife but got errors sending to others.

3 Messages

I'll ask about having them work with Verizon or if I can even call Verizon to see if they can help. They brought up the Verizon towers so many times but never mentioned that they could work with them the verizon team. Sounds like my best bet thank you 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

8 months ago

Hello @user_91e73m it is not good to hear you have continued to have issues with sending media. We definitley want to ensure that this is addressed for you! You mentioned a couple of days ago you were going to reach back out to our mobile team based on another suggestion here. Have you had a chance to do this? What was the result?

3 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ no result. Still waiting on a ticket with the tier threes. They said I'd hear from them in a day but that didn't happen which is expected at this point. It's too late to return the phone they recommended me to buy to solve the issue so I'm just hoping to pay it off or something so I can switch to a different phone service. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

That is definitley not the result or experience we'd want you to have with us @user_91e73m I'd like to explore things further with you to see what options we have to get this fully taken care of as we'd hate to see this cause you to leave us. Can you please send us a direct message with your full name and address so we can look into this together? To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

7 months ago

Hello I have the same exact issue with sending MMS pictures to people.  Sometimes they go through without issue, other times they take an hour to send.  I am also a customer that came from Verizon several years ago and have a s23 ultra.

Troubleshooting steps that i have taken.

-Tried different SMS MMS messaging apps

-Power cycling phone repeatedly

-Testing different geographical locations

-Testing on 5g, and 4g networks

-Testing with different recipients (Different phone makes and models)

-Confirmed i am using the latest version of the messaging app

-Confirmed the android version is completely up to date

-Tried different APN settings

-Reset the network settings

-Stopped at an Xfinity store to have network settings checked and confirmed.  Received a new SIM card but the issue persists.  Was told this is a Samsung issue with their phones, however I have friends with the exact same phone on the exact same Xfinity network that don't have this issue, so i doubt this is completely in the hands of Samsung.

-Deleted all of my messages

-Cleared the app data and cache

Nothing seems to be helping with this issue, any assistance would be appreciated.

@user_91e73m Were you able to get your issue resolved?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hey there, @user_pm9h3x thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Fourms regarding the issue with sending MMS messages. Have you tried reaching out to the Xfinity Mobile Team directly regarding this issue? They are going to be the experts to help with getting this issue resolved. You can reach them at, 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

6 months ago

I have the same issue

1 Message

5 months ago

Same issue here.

SMS/MMS cannot send simple text messages or MMS pictures to ANY unlocked Iphone 15 Pro Titanium users.

Xfinity Locked Model S23Ultra 512GB.

Samsung Android 14 OneUI 6.0 update from DEC 2023 until all the latest security patch to OneUI 6.1 still on Android 14 today Feb 13 2023.

3 calls to Agents and one of those to L3 support could not resolve issue. (Over 3 months so far and counting...)

Chat again today and said there is a ticket out for Samsung/VZW to fix this issue but no ETA.

I have done every single troubleshooting including multiple FACTORY WIPE AND RECOVERIES.

Resetting NETWORK SETTINGS -> No Help

Airplane Mode - On/Off -> No Help

Built in Diagnostic SW (Under SETTINGS -> ABOUT PHONE -> Scroll all the way to bottom to execute -> No Help (It detects a sim fine)

Shutdown, clean and reinsert sim card -> No Help

I have disabled WIFI CALLING but no help.

Seems to happen every time I connect to ANY wifi network. Did not occur at all on Android 13 before the Samsung update.

I have to disable my wifi radio completely and when I am on LTE+ it will work less than 50% of the time. Messages keep on failing to send with ERROR to try and send again in the Messenger.

But doing so have made me pass my 2GB monthly cellular allotment cause of this issue 2 months in a row!

Tried both the stock Samsung MESSENGER app and the Google MESSENGER APP. Both same issues.

Need a direct contact to executive support team! 4 Agents with one L3 over the phone tech that had Verizon ENG running a line diagnostic check that turned out good.

I am tired of having to perform wipe and recoveries. My last resort it to try a new sim.

Did Xfinity upgrade any sim cards technology since FEB 2021 with my phone? I doubt it since it only occured when Samsung rolled out Android 14 with OneUI 6.0+.

But at this moment it's my last and final resort, short of emailing the CEO of the company!

If only VZW/Xfinity allowed an end user to change/modify the stock APN (ACCESS POINT NAME) settings in cellular network like an known good phone would allow, this might have a fix.

But the Samsung Image has it totally "Greyed Out" so no further true technical troubleshooting steps can be performed that could give end users a temporary reprieve until a real software update fixes this issue!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@Macazian Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your MMS/SMS messaging. We appreciate the amount of detail you have included as well. I can see how this would be a frustrating scenario. I would be happy to get you in the right direction for a resolution. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the service address, and your contact phone number and email address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here