B

Wednesday, September 20th, 2023 2:15 PM

Closed

iOS 17 lost mobile data widget

After update to iOS 17, my xfinity mobile data widget is gone and can’t add it. When will this be fixed?

Official Employee

• 

765 Messages

10 months ago

Hi there @Brotemp ! Hi there! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am not seeing that we have any widespread issues with the Widget missing. Are you still having this problem currently? 

3 Messages

Yes still having the issue with widget not available. I have rebooted several times but didn’t help. This started with install of iOS 17.

Official Employee

• 

765 Messages

@Brotemp I believe the widget is no longer being updated since the XFINITY Mobile app is in the process of being sunset. That likely is the reason why this is the case. You can however view your data usage with the XFINITY App which is where all the mobile functions are located at this time. Can you download it/update it to check and see if the data usage is showing for you there?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I have that and it is there. The widget was very handy as gave a quick view without having to load the xfinity app.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We definitely understand what you mean. We will make sure that the feedback provided gets to the right place. Is there anything else we can assist you with? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

Please bring the widget back in the new app!

Contributor

• 

158 Messages

10 months ago

The widget still works... I set up my new iPhone last night on 17.0.2 and once I signed in it was working fine.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

widget not working for me.  Iphone 14 pro with 17.0.2

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

I cannot get xfinity in widgets on iphone 14 pro 17.0.2    I also updated to the latest xfinity app and that is when I lost the widget....should not have updated Xfinity App.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

Still no Xfinity Mobile widget. It would appear by all the feedback online that the Xfinity Mobile widget was quite useful. Bring it back!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 months ago

My widget has no data starting yesterday. The mobile app was sunsetted. Will this be connected to Xfinity app? It was a great way to know how much data was used and how many days left in the cycle. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@Cambridgeport The data information relating to mobile service should be available in the Xfinity app. Could you please confirm you can find it? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Yes, I found it in the app. Can the widget be set to pull data from the app? For a brief while, after signing in to the new app, the data was visible in the widget. The new xfinity app is a miniature version of the Xfinity website. My understanding is that the website is being sunsetted too. There is just so much to scroll through to get to the data. The widget was a short cut. Can the shortcut to the data be pointed to the new Xfinity app?

Official Employee

• 

244 Messages

That may be something on the roadmap for our engineers to design up the road. At this time we have no information on if that is planned or in the works. The widget was created from and sourced its data from the now sunset Xfinity Mobile App so if a new widget showing data was to come again, it would take a while to develop, test, and launch it. I used the widget myself, and it was nifty, but there's something nice about having everything all in one app now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here