SAS29485's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, August 18th, 2024 9:55 PM

Can't activate mobile phone - lost tech support after an hour

When I called to downgrade my cable, Xfinity offered a Mobile Phone at a great deal ($0/month for 2 years) which I accepted since my daughter has been asking me about my phone.

The E-mail said it had been assigned a phone number.

I have gotten the phone and trying to activate it. Through the mobile app, it said it wanted to port the number from somewhere, but I said no. Now the mobile app says there are no devices to activate.

I tried calling and it was horrendous to get a live agent since it kept wanting to send me to the app. I finally got a live agent who said we'd work on it. We are on the phone for an hour. He said the number that Xfinity assigned was a Verizon land line. I said give me a new number, and he kept working on it. At 1:05 hours, I got the Xfinity on hold message and it appears I lost him. I've waited 30 minutes if he calls back, but nothing.

And the phone doesn't appear to be activated. The App says it is waiting to be activated, but then it says there are no devices to activate.

I wish I could just return it and wish I had never agreed to sign up for a phone. This is terrible service. Yes, I would have paid more for Verizon, but the phone would have activated in 30 seconds.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

2 months ago

@SAS29485 You have 14 days from the shipping or retail purchase date to cancel Xfinity Mobile service, return device(s) and receive a refund.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hey there, thanks for being part of our XFINITY Mobile family. We'd love to help, but we don't have access to XFINITY Mobile accounts via social media, I do apologize.

We would suggest contacting our Mobile experts via one of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Our XFINITY Mobile partners are available daily from 7 am to 9 pm EST. I'm confident they'll be able to get this resolved for you.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 month ago

Just so everyone knows what happened on this. While I did lose the tech support guy that one, I was able to go back into the App and ask for a new phone number. While it wasn't the area code I wanted, it did work and I was able to get the phone activated.

Now let's see if the bill is correct. The person who sold it to me said I'd only pay sales tax, and I have printed documentation of it from their website. Right now, the accumulated bill is looking like $80, but let's see on Sep 5, when the cycle ends, if all the credits kick in.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here