Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Friday, August 11th, 2017 10:00 AM

Closed

ANSWERED: Troubleshooting your XFINITY Internet connection when the US/DS lights are blinking

​Qu​​estion​

​ I have no Internet access. ​​I've noticed that the US and DS buttons on the modem are blinking, which they didn't do before. What does this mean?​

​ ​

​Answer​​ ​

​***Created by our ​​ Community Experts​​***​

​ ​

​The modem's lights are a visual indication of its current status. It is normal for your US/DS (upstream/downstream) lights to flash briefly while establishing a connection. Continuously flashing or blinking US/DS lights indicate that the modem is unable to establish a connection due to poor or no signal.​

​ ​

​Typical reasons for this are:​

• ​There is a service outage.​

• ​There is a wiring misconfiguration.​

• ​The modem is defective.​

​ ​

​If you are experiencing this condition, first check for a service interruption by:​

• ​Using the ​​Xfinity mobile app​​.​

• ​Logging into your​​ ​​Comcast account​​ ​​and clicking the​​ ​​check for service interruptions​​ ​​link.​

• ​Visiting the​​ ​​Xfinity Status Center​​.​

• ​Calling 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)​

• ​If you've registered your mobile phone number for ​​Comcast ​​Alerts, you can text ​​OUT​​ to 266278 (COMCST)​

​ ​

​Next​​, inspect your wiring.  ​​See the​​ ​​troubleshooting guide​​.​

​ ​

​Contact Comcast​​ ​​if the issue persists.​

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here