xTheEdgex's profile

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 9:21 PM

Placed phone calls

I have Xfinity land line phone. I was online to look at my call history to look up a phone number that I recently called. While I was there, I found that there are a lot of placed calls from my number that I didn't make.

This one number, over and over, I went back as far as Dec 8 and stopped so I'm not sure how far back it's been happening. 

It shows in my call history as '[Edited: "Personal Information"] • WASHINGTON, DC USA - Placed'.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

6 months ago

... I found that there are a lot of placed calls from my number that I didn't make. ...

If you are using Nomorobo, that is one of the numbers they use with that service. It's how Nomorobo works. See https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200536477-How-does-it-work-on-Landlines. If you don't want to use Nomorobo see "Disable Nomorobo" on https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo.

Edit: Replace dead link

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

Yes, I do use that. Thanks for the info. 

1 Message

@BruceW​ 

Agreed, You might also note that each call is for "0" seconds.

1 Message

Mine was 14s place from my phone number to <Edited: Personal Information>

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Greetings, user_l3o08s! Are you using NomoRobo as @BruceW showed above? Nomorobo checks the call to see if it is spam or not so it can take a few seconds at times. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Call history shows many calls to

same number that I did not make.

They are listed as placed calls and nearly all says call  lasted  0 secs.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

I just noticed the same problem. There is one call daily "PLACED" to that number. Yes, I have nomorobo installed on my line, but nomorobo affects "INCOMING" calls. These are appearing as calls I "PLACED" or outgoing calls, which I never placed. So, the question remains - why is my call history showing I "PLACED" these outgoing calls, that I never did?

2 Messages

I have the same issue.  I've been on chat and now am on the phone with an Xfinity agent.  They said they are researching the issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_41de44 Hello! Thank you for reaching out. As @EG has stated and provided several links for additional context, Nomorobo is working as designed. If you find that the service is not preventing unwanted calls from coming in, please let us know.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

I also had the same issue... to that same DC number. I spent over 5 hrs with several Xfinity reps to resolve issue, and I am not using Nomoro! Also found in my "call forwarding settings" a phone number, I know nothing of, having permission to forward my placed calls, which I deleted. Will check regularly to see if this number is again INVOLUNTARILY added to my settings. Wen reviewing my call history, i saw the DC number, along with others, going back to Jan (and perhaps before) for every placed called made from my phone. The Comcast agent I spoke with stated the phone number is registered under multiple users!

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_jhh99k I can understand the concern. Are you using Nomorobo? It looks like @BruceW provided some insight that the phone number is one that Nomorobo uses. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Did you follow the link BruceW left? Not a word in there about thus very annoying issue. I spent hours with a tech and the call was “elevated” to a higher level. I was to hear back in 2 hours. 2 weeks later, I am still waiting.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

6 months ago

... why is my call history showing I "PLACED" these outgoing calls ...

It's how Nomorobo works. See https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200536477-How-does-it-work-on-Landlines.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

The link in BruceW's response clearly explains why you are seeing "placed" calls. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Did you follow the link BruceW left? Not a word in there about thus very annoying issue. I spent hours with a tech and the call was “elevated” to a higher level. I was to hear back in 2 hours. 2 weeks later, I am still waiting.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello tsdaaa, thank you for visiting our Forum for help with your phone service. Are you having a similar issue as the post above regarding calls that weren't placed? 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I have the same issue.  I've been on chat and now am on the phone with an Xfinity agent.  They said they are researching the issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

ck601358 Are you still having the issue or have we reached out to you at this time?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there, @KCurtis2 I appreciate you reaching out regarding your concerns about calls being placed, It does appear to be your nomorobo, have you reached out to nomorobo support regarding your concerns?-Richard

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@KCurtis2, as our expert friend mentioned above, per Nomorobo that's how it works. Regarding your billing concerns, we can certainly help and explore options to find an option that fits your household budget needs. If you'd like to explore those options, please send a DM with your full name and full service address to further assist.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ yes, it's actually nomorobo! I'm sorry I didn't understand until someone explained it switches an incoming spam call to a nomorobo phone number and makes it look as though we placed the calls. Makes perfect sense now. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I'm still annoyed at the overwhelming cost increases of Comcast/Xfinity but at least got one issue ironed out.

Kat2C

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

KCurtis2 thanks for getting back to us and letting us know! That makes sense because it fowards calls to their line to get it taken care of. We can certainly check for promotion or things to help with cost if you can send us a direct message. If you need the instructions on how to, I'll post them below. 

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

Same thing happened to me , it said I placed the call which I did not do

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Good afternoon @Papabear63! Do you have nomorobo activated on your phone?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yes and to make sure how do I check and see what options showed be on for the nomorobo

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for confirming that @Papabear63! With Nomorobo, incoming calls are automatically connected to Nomorobo’s servers. If you are seeing the same phone number as mentioned above, BruceW mentioned that is a known number used by the Nomorobo service.  It is likely showing as a placed call due to the landline placing a call/connecting the call to Nomorobo.

To make sure the service is set up correctly, we have this really handy step by step article.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 months ago

Same issue. Looks like about 15 call have been "placed" to that number this month alone.

Any updates on anyone who talked to Comcast?

1 Message

6 months ago

This number shows up for every call we receive, are the collecting records of our received calls too?

1 Message

5 months ago

I am showing the same number

(202) 813-1600 • WASHINGTON, DC USA

showing up as being placed, at the exact time of all  incoming calls and  outgoing calls.

I can understand if  Nomorobo   is checking my incoming calls .

Why are they checking every and all the calls I myself  place throughout the day?  Is "Big Brother" tracking and listening in on my calls?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

That would be a great question to send over to support@nomorobo.com, @user_t4qgfv! Please keep us apprised, and thank you for being part of the Xfinity Forum community!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I'm having the same issue and am currently on the phone with xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Was the information provided by other users in this thread helpful, @fredkdi?

1 Message

5 months ago

When my daughter or wife call our home land line their call fails to ring on first, second & third ring. 

After I fail to answer the call on time. the number left is NOT their phone number. I's some random

number with a alpha digit. In the call history It shows in '(202) 813-1600 • WASHINGTON, DC USA call placed. 

Apparently it thinks their numbers are spam callers. How do I fix this?  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @user_mqyq43, thank you for including such great detail in your comment to help us understand your issue. I can see how that would be frustrating to deal with, especially when it's impacting family trying to reach you. Let's work on this together to find a resolution. We have a super convenient link that will help walk you through updating your Voice Spam Settings. Can you please let me know if this helped resolve issues? If not, are only your wife and daughters lines being impacted? 

1 Message

4 months ago

NOMOROBO... each one of these 202 calls will match an incoming call... 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Just want to help out the non-technical people that might have the same questions.

In layman's terms for your calls

Spamer calls you number ----- 1 ring--- nomorobo intercepts and redirects the call to 202-813-1600 ( it is their automatic answering service) ------ you have  99.8% of annoying free phone.

I have been using nomarobo for years this is all legit. And I have never been charged on my phone bill.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Hi.   I just discovered the same thing.  Outgoing calls to

2028131600.   I did not place these calls, and they're all outbound

1 Message

2 months ago

I too have noticed that this same number on my call list that I didn't make and it sometimes everyday during the week of business hours and sometimes more than once a day. I just want it to stop. I did have NOMOROBO when I was with ATT and I don't know if NOMOROBO works or not. STOP

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

It is a Nomorobo #-there are at least 2 numbers that are used to forward spam to. The call is listed as placed when this happens. I contacted Nomorobo support and they verified this. It is puzzling to see this on call lists but I am satisfied with the answer and just grateful that my phone is not ringing with all those spam calls. I get multiple spam calls daily I counted 15 in the last 3 days. Hope this helps put your mind at ease.

1 Message

2 months ago

I am having same issue.  I discovered this today.  I found that my call forwarding has my "Advanced Call Forwarding" to this number and then the calls appear to be notated to be "trashed" since there is a trash can there.  My phone number appears above and it has the blocked icon showing.  I did not set this up.  How was this set up and I blocked the number since I thought it was a scam when I saw it in my directory.  I will remove the call since I don't want any more missed calls. But this appears to be a big problem.  Is this part of the Xfinity issue with our information being compromised.  The number that is set up for call forwarding is a Washington D.C. number: [Edited: "Personal Information"].  This means that calls may be forwarded to this number.  I don't know what calls I am missing but I have missed some important ones and have received some in place that I thought were from vendors we were waiting for that ended up being scammers/fraudsters that we let in our house. Fortunately, we determined that they were "solar energy" scammers and quickly kicked them out.  If this is a voicemail number for Xfinity, we would have voicemails, but the voicemail log is empty.    Check your settings (icon on right side of voicemail section in your xfinity voice when signed into xfinity voice site) to see your call forwarding and advanced call forwarding settings. [Edited: "All Caps"]  Not sure if this will fix it, but I will try it.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there, user_exr4ol, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with your Advance Call Forwarding! Did you have a chance to try that out to see if that helped fix the issue? 

2 Messages

I have been haviong the same problem as user_exr4ol. My advanced call forwarding had been set up to forward calls to 2028131600. I did not set that up. Why is this happening to multiple users?  When will it get fixed?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here