xTheEdgex's profile

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 9:21 PM

Placed phone calls

I have Xfinity land line phone. I was online to look at my call history to look up a phone number that I recently called. While I was there, I found that there are a lot of placed calls from my number that I didn't make.

This one number, over and over, I went back as far as Dec 8 and stopped so I'm not sure how far back it's been happening. 

It shows in my call history as '(202) 813-1600 • WASHINGTON, DC USA - Placed'.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.4K Messages

27 days ago

... I found that there are a lot of placed calls from my number that I didn't make. ...

If you are using Nomorobo, that is one of the numbers they use with that service. See, for example, https://boston.comcast.com/2016/01/27/want-to-reduce-robocalls-check-out-nomorobo-free-for-xfinity-voice-customers/.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

Yes, I do use that. Thanks for the info. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

23 days ago

I just noticed the same problem. There is one call daily "PLACED" to that number. Yes, I have nomorobo installed on my line, but nomorobo affects "INCOMING" calls. These are appearing as calls I "PLACED" or outgoing calls, which I never placed. So, the question remains - why is my call history showing I "PLACED" these outgoing calls, that I never did?

2 Messages

I have the same issue.  I've been on chat and now am on the phone with an Xfinity agent.  They said they are researching the issue.

Official Employee

• 

970 Messages

@user_41de44 Hello! Thank you for reaching out. As @EG has stated and provided several links for additional context, Nomorobo is working as designed. If you find that the service is not preventing unwanted calls from coming in, please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.4K Messages

23 days ago

... why is my call history showing I "PLACED" these outgoing calls ...

It's how Nomorobo works. See https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200536477-How-does-it-work-on-Landlines.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

22 days ago

I have the same issue.  I've been on chat and now am on the phone with an Xfinity agent.  They said they are researching the issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

ck601358 Are you still having the issue or have we reached out to you at this time?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

22 days ago

Same thing happened to me , it said I placed the call which I did not do

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Good afternoon @Papabear63! Do you have nomorobo activated on your phone?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yes and to make sure how do I check and see what options showed be on for the nomorobo

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for confirming that @Papabear63! With Nomorobo, incoming calls are automatically connected to Nomorobo’s servers. If you are seeing the same phone number as mentioned above, BruceW mentioned that is a known number used by the Nomorobo service.  It is likely showing as a placed call due to the landline placing a call/connecting the call to Nomorobo.

To make sure the service is set up correctly, we have this really handy step by step article.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

20 days ago

Same issue. Looks like about 15 call have been "placed" to that number this month alone.

Any updates on anyone who talked to Comcast?

1 Message

16 days ago

This number shows up for every call we receive, are the collecting records of our received calls too?

1 Message

13 days ago

I am showing the same number

(202) 813-1600 • WASHINGTON, DC USA

showing up as being placed, at the exact time of all  incoming calls and  outgoing calls.

I can understand if  Nomorobo   is checking my incoming calls .

Why are they checking every and all the calls I myself  place throughout the day?  Is "Big Brother" tracking and listening in on my calls?

Official Employee

• 

983 Messages

That would be a great question to send over to support@nomorobo.com, @user_t4qgfv! Please keep us apprised, and thank you for being part of the Xfinity Forum community!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

13 days ago

I'm having the same issue and am currently on the phone with xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

983 Messages

Was the information provided by other users in this thread helpful, @fredkdi?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here