U

Monday, February 5th, 2024 9:03 PM

New account, voice didn't "activate"

Have reset modem a few times but still no dial tone, no voice icon on account. Thanks for helping.

5 Messages

4 months ago

RE: Still trying to fix phone, is this a legit number from Xfinity: [Edited: PII]
I went into the store but they couldn't do anything and made an appt. I can make calls now but can't get them. It rings once and then hangs up on caller. Should I call this number back? Thanks in advance! I see a lot of posts saying scam or legit so I don't know. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Still trying to fix phone, is this a legit number from Xfinity: [Edited: PII]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_3vx4qm If you have an appointment set up or a ticket opened, our Advanced Repair team may reach out to you directly for support. I wasn't able to confirm this number in our system, but we can confirm if our records show someone reached out to you per your account records to confirm this for you! In the future, it is always recommended to use our main 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489) line to reach Xfinity directly as that number is able to route you to the correct department you may need!

I can see that you have also sent our team a direct message for support with your number, so we will be responding to you there as well! Please be reminded that creating multiple posts for the same issue and sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum or Xfinity Support is a violation of Forum Guidelines and our Acceptable Use Policy. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there, posting updates in the comment section once available. Once our team has had a chance to review your post, we will invite you into a direct message as needed. Thank you for using our community here! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Sorry! I didn't realize it was against the rules. Thank you for your help.

Official Employee

• 

664 Messages

It's all good. Thank you for verifying your account details in the Direct Message. We will continue to work here unless we need to collect or discuss account information from you again. Since you have a repair visit scheduled for tomorrow, let's reconnect after to see if they are able to get it resolved. As of now, the correct phone number is connected to your account.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

They still can't fix my phone "call history", any chance I can get more help here? When I try to look, it says "There is a problem with your Xfinity Voice service. Please call 1-800-XFINITY for assistance." When I call, the recording says it will reset the router again but nothing fixes the call history. I can't block spam calls without it. Thanks again for any help you can give me. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, user_3vx4qm

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here