mcbasket's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 8:39 PM

Caller cannot hear me

For the last few years, I have had the problem of being in the middle of a phone conversation and, suddenly, the caller can no longer hear me.  I can hear the caller loud and clear but they cannot hear me.  I have had several techs out with the most helpful one telling me the problem is not in my home, but rather somewhere in the lines outside.  The problem happens sporadically and has been infrequent recently, but seems to be starting again. This happens on both incoming and outgoing calls.  I can always hear the person on the other end - it just happened this week and the person I was talking to said I just disappeared from the call. I can't pinpoint any common thread that might be causing this - anyone else have this happening?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 m ago

I have the same problem for the last year give or take and it's very annoying and embarrassing issue.  When I go to my Voice Service account there is a message next to my phone number "Something has gone wrong".  I had two visits from Technical Support, no one knows what it means and how to correct it.  I was able to escalate it to a Regional management level and so far my modem was replaced with Comcast modem (latest model) and it seems to work but before I also had long stretches without problems.  I got two month credit for the modem but I don't think I will keep it.  I still hope Comcast will do something about the issue.  We pay good money for our voice service and get so, so product.

Official Employee

• 

245 Messages

I am truly sorry that you had that experience! I can't begin to understand how frustrating that must have been for you! If you do experience anything at all, please reach out and let me know right here. I would be glad to look at things with you and see what we would need to do to get it fixed. We are here 24/7 so you can reach out anytime! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I called this issue in yesterday to Xfinity when, yet again, in the middle of a call, the person I was speaking with could no longer hear me.  I went over everything that has transpired over the last couple of years. The person I spoke with said he would elevate the issue and someone would call me back.  I am waiting to hear if they have been able to figure this out.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJosephB See my comment in about contacting Xfinity Customer service.  I am still waiting to hear something.  Can you help?

fred40fl

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

I HAVE HAD SAME PROBLEM FOR YEARS NOW COMCAST TRIED TO TELL ME IT WAS MY MODEM WAS OLD SO I WENT OUT AND BAUGHT NEW MODEM ARRIS SURFBOARD SVG2482AC I STILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM.THE PROBLEM IS COMCAST SOFTWARE FOR VOIP COMCAST NEEDS TO FIX THE ISSUE UNTIL THEY DO WE ALL WILL BE HAVING SAME PROBLEMS.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJosephB Joseph,

Thank you for offering help.  It looks like there is quite a lot of us with the same problem and plenty more who suffer and do not complain.  What can you do to fix it? From my personal experience a lot of Comcast employees is eager to help but nothing happens except for general platitudes and we still have a problem.  For me a Comcast modem is not a solution.  I bought mine and it worked fine for quite a long time and the model is still on Comcast approved list.  From what I see the newest modem Comcast is pushing is not available at retail, even if I would like to buy it.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I'm having the same issue.  It's been going on for over a month now.  I replaced an old modem at their recommendation (using a Comcast modem both times) but the problem persists.  Having a tech come out tomorrow.  This is a real pain.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@WittyUserName I can feel your pain because my telephone is still not working properly after countless technician visits and escalation to the main office.  The best diagnosis I got was from a guy in the Comcast store when I was returning a Comcast modem.  He asked me what was wrong and told me that this is not an equipment problem but a signal problem (too many modem events, insufficient signal strength and excessive signal noise-too many uncorrectibles).  He arranged for a visit from a very experienced guy who found few problems affecting the signal strength and told me that I most likely have a compromised cable connecting to the house which needs replacement.  I tried to arrange the replacement of the cable but nothing happened.  I gave up and it looks like Comcast gave up as well.  I have to live with whatever it is.  Internet is working most of the time fine and from time to time I have to apologize to my friends for a telephone malfunction.

My experience with Comcast customer services is dismal and it all goes down to who shows up at your door.  Some technicians are very knowledgeable and some know very little and have an attitude to begin with, it is our problem and they, Comcast is always right.  When I open my Comcast account and go to voice services next to my telephone number there is a message "Something has gone wrong".  I asked about it many times and nobody seems to know what the message means or how to remove it.  I still hope that one day it will disappear.

I hope you will have a good experience with your visit tomorrow and your telephone will start working the way we expect it to work.

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

Hello, @WittyUserName, how did your appointment go? Did our techs resolve the issue and talk to you about the issue? I have seen this issue happen because of a poor signal quality and a bad handset. It can happen for several reasons, and I know it's a pain when it does. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here