U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 28, 2022 9:45 PM

anyone else promised a free phone on 9-11-2021 and now being told...nope, not free?

On 9-11-2021, I called Xfinity cable to update my internet service. The person on the phone offered me a "too good to be true" (literally, it was not true) offer to switch from my mobile phone carrier (Google Fi; who is awesome, by the way, see here: fi.google.com) to them. I would get:
-Free phone for my daughter, who did not have a phone yet (Not true, I was told in December.)

-I would pay for a shared data plan and only pay $5/gig if/when we went over. (Google Fi charges $10, so I thought I was getting a bargain. NOPE...they have been charging me $15).

After visits to the store to set up our phones later in September ( during which no one told us the deal was bogus), we started looking at our bills and wondering what was happening. We visited our local store once (Dec 5th) with a promise the manager would follow up after our visit (but did not) and twice (Dec 28th). Then we switched back to Google Fi (seriously, check them out. They treat me like a human.) 

We know Xfinity likely recorded our phone call. But we also know they have a legal team. And we don't. What we do have is a bill for a $399 phone ($319 remaining) that we are now being told we cannot return because we are outside of the return window. And we have a new carrier, again, Google Fi, people. CHeck it out. 

Official Employee

• 

147 Messages

5分前

Oh gosh, I'm really sorry to hear that your experience with switching carriers has left you feeling this way. I would recommend reaching out to the Xfinity Mobile team at (888) 936-4968. They are experts in all things Mobile, and will be able to get you taken care of. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3分前

I experienced the same thing. They are now trying to bill me $250 for my 'free phone!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3分前

I'm experiencing the same problem . They're billing me $250 for my 'free' phone. 

Official Employee

• 

360 Messages

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3IIPGG1 where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1分前

I'm dealing with the same exact thing right now. Not only is the phone not free, but even if it's defensive and doesn't work and you have no g'damn phone number, you can't get it replaced, fixed or upgraded without paying off the 250$ for a phone you just got two months ago that doesn't work. They aren't willing to budge or actually make their customers happy. I will be going right back to TMobile. This company should stick to the internet it offers that has tons of issues also. I haven't had my phone working for two weeks now and I've spent more than 12 hours on the phone with support and even rented a car to be able to get to the physical store. Just to be told I'm screwed. I just got this service two months ago and I've had one thing after another go wrong since switching. I wish I never left t mobile bc I never had problems like this. Never again. 

I'll be contacting the BBB, my states attorney general, as well as a few others. I am going to be writing scathing reviews on every single forum, social media site, review platform in existence to make sure people know that the promotion they push on people is a scam, and will ultimately keep someone stuck in a two year subpar service that gives you a JUNK phone for your free phone. Oh and then charges you $250 for the thing knowing damn well you can buy one with cash outright at Walmart for 100$. Biggest scam of the century. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1分前

I'm dealing with the same exact thing right now. Not only is the phone not free, but even if it's defensive and doesn't work and you have no g'damn phone number, you can't get it replaced, fixed or upgraded without paying off the 250$ for a phone you just got two months ago that doesn't work. They aren't willing to budge or actually make their customers happy. I will be going right back to TMobile. This company should stick to the internet it offers that has tons of issues also. I haven't had my phone working for two weeks now and I've spent more than 12 hours on the phone with support and even rented a car to be able to get to the physical store. Just to be told I'm screwed. I just got this service two months ago and I've had one thing after another go wrong since switching. I wish I never left t mobile bc I never had problems like this. Never again. 

I'll be contacting the BBB, my states attorney general, as well as a few others. I am going to be writing scathing reviews on every single forum, social media site, review platform in existence to make sure people know that the promotion they push on people is a scam, and will ultimately keep someone stuck in a two year subpar service that gives you a JUNK phone for your free phone. Oh and then charges you $250 for the thing knowing damn well you can buy one with cash outright at Walmart for 100$. Biggest scam of the century. 

Official Employee

• 

513 Messages

@

I am sorry that you are dealing with this! Since it has been a couple of months, we do need you to make a new post, and we are happy to address this there. We just want to make sure this gets the most attention it can and make sure other people see this too. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

17日前

They are doing it again and I am stuck with a phone I didn't need and they cannot even activate it.  They gave me "They would look into why it can't be activated and I called back because no call and than they told me they still don't know why except I had to have xfinity in my house.  Well we can't get Xfinity since we moved because they did not run the lines. New housing development and it could be a couple years before lines are ran.  Now I have a phone they are charging me for because I can't use them as a carrier and they can't activate it and neither can anyone else because it is Xfinity phone and YES OF COURSE NOBODY TALKED TO ME UNTIL THE 30 DAYS WERE UP. This is the biggest scam I have ever seen. I can bet you I talked to about 10 representatives passing me around and it is sourced our of the country so they didn't even understand half of what I was talking about.  I thought Xfinity was a reputable company and had used them before this but I will never ever even if I don't have a choice like my new address no Xfinity and why this makes me even madder they know it but will do without cable phone ect instead of using ATT again.  I had Att phone since first Iphone came and told all the docs I worked with to give up blackberry and go to iphone gave i good reviews all the time but something happened that made this company into a scam company and as big as they are you would think they would not need to rip people off.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here