RPA25's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, February 28th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Home calls ringing on mobile phone

I am a Comcast/xfinity Triple-Play customer.......TV/Internet/Phone.  My mobile phone account is with AT&T.  Whenever I receive an incoming call on my home LAN line, my cell phone also rings.  The call is not being forwarded.......it is just ringing on both lines.  Why?  How do I eliminate this?  The only way I have been able to stop this is to delete the xfinity connect app from my cell phone.  Thanks.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I spent 3 hours with calls to Agents 4th of July Weekend. One agent  wanted my password to go into my account and fix it, I said no of course , walk my through I said. Finally he got it shut off. I like both phones ringing but I could not call home phone it went right to voicemail. So problem was sloved. Now I will set it back up again. Very convenient when waiting for an Important Call. 

7/9/20

Regular Contributor

• 

172 Messages

4 years ago

Actually, simultaneous ring is supposed to allow you to call your home phone from the mobile phone you forward your home phone calls to.  It used to work like that.  Now, I have the same problem as you.  I've called Xfinity, who admit that I should not need to turn off call forwarding, but have no clue what to do.  Please be persistant. The more people complain, the more likely they will fix the problem and we can all enjoy the benifits of simultaneous ring. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Typical Comcast.  Unable to address problems with their services.  My days as an xfinity/Comcast customer are close to an end.  Inferior service and an overpriced product.  Great combo!

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

I've had a similar problem that started about 6/28/20. Both my husband and I have our Xfinity home phone set to ring simultaneously on our T-Mobile cell phones (iphone & Samsung S8). Worked well for years!!! Now, suddenly, we can't call our Xfinity home phone from our cell phones, when we have them set for simultaneous ring. What is especially bizarre is that the home phone rings once and then stops ringing. Then we get a prompt for RETRIEVING messages ON MY CELL PHONE voice mail!! I spent hours with Xfinity. They say the problem is not on their end and just deleted the call forwarding to our cell phones as the solution. 

I've spent hours on the phone with T-Mobile. Same outcome!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm having the exact same problem. I was transferred to the advanced Xfinity team. They got it working for about 3 days and then the problem came back. This was a great service. Looks like their update created a problem they didn't have and now don't know how to fix 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Questions...

• What cell phone carrier do you have?  Is it T-Mobile?
  • What happens when you call from your cell phone to your home phone, when simultaneous ring is selected for your cell phone?

--Cruizer Diana

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@cruiserbill  Comcast just left Verizon

Regular Contributor

• 

172 Messages

4 years ago

Simultaneous ring used to work just fine until at least a couple of weeks ago

Regular Contributor

• 

172 Messages

4 years ago

I cannot select simultaneous ring for my cell. I can add that the same problem occurs when I call using xfinity connect app, but that may be normal

Regular Contributor

• 

172 Messages

4 years ago

I have Verizon

Regular Contributor

• 

172 Messages

4 years ago

The problem only happens witness I call from my mobile number. If I activate simultaneous call forwarding to my wife’s mobile number and she calls the home number, all goes well. I have Verizon . This is NOT Verizon’s problem. It’ s xfinity’s service and their problem when things go wrong with it. Don’t let them off the hook

Regular Contributor

• 

172 Messages

4 years ago

Fixed the problem. Not sure why the problem arose without me changing anything, but the fix is to make sure you have voice to go enabled. Then, at the xfinity website on your computer, go to your call forwarding settings and place a check mark on xfinity connect mobile app, your home phone, and any number you want your calls forwarded to. You CANNOT do this from your xfinity connect app AFAIK. You must use the xfinity website. I have no idea why my wife doesn’t have to do all that when she uses advanced call forwarding, but anything that works is a victory.

Regular Contributor

• 

172 Messages

4 years ago

I only have one xfinity account. My home phone xfinity, my cell is Verizon. I’m not sure how you would set up call forwarding for two accounts. If you want each to ring the other, then I guess you set up both accounts correspondingly if want calls to either to ring both. A bit more complex than my setup, however, so I can’t say what will happen.

Regular Contributor

• 

172 Messages

4 years ago

Fixed the problem. Not sure why the problem arose without me changing anything, but the fix is to make sure you have voice to go enabled. Then, set calls to your home number to be forwarded to voice to go AND to your hom. I have no idea why my wife doesn’t have to do that when she uses advanced call forwarding, but anything that works is a victory.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the info. This is weird, since something must have cleared the data/phone number in either voice2go or call forwarding--for both of our cell phones.

I went to voice2go and added the alternate account (available in the drop down menu), along with a phone number that was offered in a drop down menu. I assume that is what I have to do. It will take 48 hours to get the number assigned to me. Do I then put the voice2go number into the call forwarding  slot--instead of my cell number? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Now I'm confused!

Voice2Go was always active, from what I could see. After reading all of the FAQs I was under the impression that I had to have a "Voice2Go" number assigned to receive voice forwarding from the Xfinity home phone to the cell phone. I didn't have any numbers assigned on Voice2Go, except the Xfinity home phone number. So, I added one that was offered by the website tool. Did I not need the extra number if I don't use Voice2Go to make calls through Xfinity?

What numbers do you have listed under Call Forwarding/Advanced Call Forwarding? I have my Xfinity home phone #, "Xfinity Connect Mobile App" (same as my Xfinity home number--entered automatically by the Xfinity website), NOMOROBO, and then the two cell numbers we want to ring when we get a call to our Xfinity home phone #. I don't think this info has change in a couple years, but maybe I need something else?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Problem solved! Voice2Go suggestion did work.

I had already unchecked my husband's cell number from "Simultaneous Ring." I was sure that Voice2Go was "active," but went into that feature and clicked around, eventually "adding" a Voice2Go phone number.  Later that day, my husband told me that even with his cell phone "unchecked" in "Simultaneous Ring,"  he was able to call the Xfinity home phone and also receive incoming Xfinity home phone calls.

Then, I unchecked my cell phone on Simultaneous Ring and now I get the home incoming calls and can call home from my cell phone. 

Now I wonder how one would disable simultaneous ring on the cell phones, since they are currently unchecked..... I guess I'll wait to cross that bridge when I come to it.

--Diana

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here