NoNoBadPuppy's profile

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

Thursday, October 19th, 2023 10:13 PM

Closed

strange problem with these forums.

I have been with xfinity for years, and have used these forums for most of that time.  On any device except an iPad, I can no longer respond or comment on a post or to create a new post.  I can log in, see all the categories, browse, etc, but as soon as I try to respond, comment or create a new post, the are to type in is grayed out.  It happens on all my computers (windows PCs, laptops, etc).  I have tried clearing the cache, restarting, etc. this happens on all browsers I have tried, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.  the only way I can post is on my iPad.  I calle support, spent two hours with them and got nowhere.  I don’t think they understood my problem, and all three reps I spoke with didn’t even know that the forum exists.  One rep actually asked my why I wanted to use the forums.  When I told her that I didn’t think that was a question that they should ven be asking, she said they couldn’t help me unless I gave them a reason for wanting to visit.  The next rep told me that Comcast has nothing to do with the xfinity website,  I asked her to explain that to me, and she refused.  I got nowhere.  I would like to be able to once again use the forums as I had in the past.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what department acts as the moderators for these forums?  

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Can’t Post Forum Question from Computer , Description Field is Grayed Out

Expert

• 

104.5K Messages

9 months ago

Concern moved here to the Community Center help section for assistance.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

9 months ago

... respond, comment or create a new post, the are to type in is grayed out ...

Please see https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/getting-started/cant-post-forum-question-from-computer-description-field-is-grayed-out/64973071d92de332576a2c00?commentId=6531383d77679f48f5baa974, and if you would, let me know if that helps.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

9 months ago

@NoNoBadPuppy 

I have been with xfinity for years, and have used these forums for most of that time.  On any device except an iPad, I can no longer respond or comment on a post or to create a new post.  I can log in, see all the categories, browse, etc, but as soon as I try to respond, comment or create a new post, the are to type in is grayed out.  It happens on all my computers (windows PCs, laptops, etc).  I have tried clearing the cache, restarting, etc. this happens on all browsers I have tried, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.  the only way I can post is on my iPad.  I calle support, spent two hours with them and got nowhere.  I don’t think they understood my problem, and all three reps I spoke with didn’t even know that the forum exists.  One rep actually asked my why I wanted to use the forums.  When I told her that I didn’t think that was a question that they should ven be asking, she said they couldn’t help me unless I gave them a reason for wanting to visit.  The next rep told me that Comcast has nothing to do with the xfinity website,  I asked her to explain that to me, and she refused.  I got nowhere.  I would like to be able to once again use the forums as I had in the past.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what department acts as the moderators for these forums?  

We have Corporate Employees that help customers which you probably know if you have used the Forums before.  FWIW, a lot of the phone reps actually don't know anything about the forums, although there are a handful of them out there.

As far as posting on the Forums goes, this problem has existed for quite a while, and it's not anything that is the fault of the customer or the browser they're using.  Apparently this is a problem with the forum software and deals with a cookie issue.  It would be worth it to take a look at @BruceW's link.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here