Biff-Tannon's profile

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

Saturday, June 24th, 2023 6:05 PM

Closed

Can’t Post Forum Question from Computer , Description Field is Grayed Out

Greets, I cannot post a new forum question from laptop or desktop computer using multiple browsers, I cleared history/cookies, still doesn’t work? Can only post from cell phone. 
What is causing this?

Thanks

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@Biff-Tannon​ 

We are experiencing an issue with some code on the site. We are asking anyone experiencing issues with posting in the forum to clear their entire browser history and cache/cookies. This should allow you to access and post in the forum again. If you continue to experience issues, you may need to try a different browser to access the Xfinity Forum. 

We are working diligently with our platform partners to get this resolved as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience as we continue to find a permanent solution.

This comment was created from this reply

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

I have the same problem on a Dell Windows 10 desktop.

I also have two HP laptops, one Windows 10, and one Windows 11. I don't have the problem on either one.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

@rightfooted​ 

I just tried to reply on hp laptop win 10. Reply field grayed out, can’t post! Only working on cell.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

1 year ago

I tried Lenovo Win 10 both Firefox and Edge. Dell running Linux Ubuntu and Firefox. None work. Can’t post on any computer

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

I am posting here on a Lenovo AIO Computer using updated W10 with Edge. No problems here in Minnesota.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks MN! I still can’t post from a computer.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

It may be a local problem. I don't use Comcast for Internet. I use DSL through phone company.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

1 year ago

Can an official Comcast person answer my question?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Biff-Tannon​ 

We are experiencing an issue with some code on the site. We are asking anyone experiencing issues with posting in the forum to clear their entire browser history and cache/cookies. This should allow you to access and post in the forum again. If you continue to experience issues, you may need to try a different browser to access the Xfinity Forum. 

We are working diligently with our platform partners to get this resolved as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience as we continue to find a permanent solution.

This reply has been converted into a comment

Contributor

• 

276 Messages

1 year ago

I've had the same problem on an HP laptop, Windows 11, with Chrome, Edge, and Firefox for several weeks.  Been posting from my phone. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

I hate to say it, but it looks like those of you using Comcast for Internet are the ones with the problem. I have no problems with my ZYXEL C3000Z gateway on DLS for Internet.

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

I'm using Comcast for my internet, and two out of my three computers work fine here.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@rightfooted :

Maybe the problem was worked on overnight.

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

1 year ago

The concern is not "X1" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

1 year ago

Still can’t post from laptop or desktop. Can someone tell me why?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@Biff-Tannon 

The only suggestion I have is:

Select the lock icon on the URL line.

Remove all cookies from the Comcast forum site.

Sign off the site for a couple minutes to allow the change to take place.

Sign back on the site and make sure to allow cookies.

This normally works, unless the problem is Comcast related where you live.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks MN,

I’ll give that a shot; however, I have cleared all cookies multiple times. How could it be a local Comcast problem? It’s a webpage, what difference should your location make if the reply box is grayed out?

Also where is official Comcast employee with a resolution?

Many Thanks!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here