U

Saturday, April 27th, 2024 5:57 AM

Need to log back in to my previous Xfinity forum account

I was having a support conversation and it made me register a new account instead of letting me sign in but won't let me log back in to my old one. I want to talk as clarkma5, my old account, not this new one. This new one should never have been created. I cleared all my browser cache to try to log in to the right account but it just brings me back to this new one.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 months ago

@user_b1mtqp - I appreciate the separate post regarding your username concerns, and I'd love to see what we can do to help! Searching our forums, I'm able to locate both this user ID and @clarkma5. To clarify, are you now using a different login than what you did before? What exactly do you see when attempting to log in as clarkma5?

21 Messages

@XfinitySara​ I was typing a reply to a thread that I started as clarkma5, regarding advanced security settings not being available to me in the mobile app; I thought I was signed in because I had been signed in all day, so I typed my reply and hit "post" and I guess I was signed out for some reason, so the forum did an auto-login and when it did that, it brought up a page saying "complete your registration!" for my xfinity account and would not let me cancel it or skip it. I tried loading different pages on the forum, tried clearing my browser cache and data and coming back, and the forum just kept popping up with that "complete your registration!" form and I could not get around it, so I agreed and it created this user for me, and now this is the only user I get when I login with my xfinity credentials. Even with this reply I am making right now, I am making from my laptop instead of my desktop which meant logging in with my xfinity user credentials on this device for the very first time, and it immediately logged me in as user_b1mtqp instead of clarkma5. I do not know why the forum forced me to re-register while using my same xfinity credentials, and do not know how to get back to using my previous forum account of clarkma5.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thanks for providing those extra details, @user_b1mtqp. What about visiting your profile and/or profile settings once logged in? Do you see an option to delete the account? If not, what about trying to edit your username back to what you had before?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

21 Messages

@XfinitySara​ I see no options to delete the account, and the username box is grayed out and I cannot edit it. Furthermore when the forum forced me to register a new account, I tried to type in my username as "clarkma5" but it said that username was already taken.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_b1mtqp - Is it possible to have you log in with your full email address (not just the beginning/username part) to see if it lets you access the previous account?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

21 Messages

@XfinitySara I cleared my cookies and logged back in adding @comcast.net to the username and it just put me back into the second account, not the first.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here