DependentCustomer's profile

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

Friday, September 1st, 2023 12:35 AM

Closed

How do I block other forum users?

As the subject states: How do we block another forum user? 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

10 months ago

@DependentCustomer 

What do you mean by blocking other forum users? Is there a user who is bothering you or violating our forum guidelines in any way? If so, you are welcome to flag their posts/comments/replies as inappropriate. Those come directly to our Administration Team for review. If there are behavior issues that cannot be resolved via a direct message with the customer, a Forum Administrator may take additional action by blocking or banning the user from the platform to reduce future violations/behavior issues. 

To flag a post as inappropriate, simply navigate to any forum post, comment, or reply and click the "3-dot" option on that message. In the drop-down menu, you will notice "Flag as inappropriate". Once selected, you will be met with a pop-up asking you to provide a brief explanation as to why you are flagging the post for Administrators to review. We will take it from there and address the posting or behavior issues directly with the user. 

If you like, you are welcome to send me a direct message with your specific user concerns and our team will be happy to handle that on your behalf. 

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ I thought it was a simple question. I guess the answer is you have no way to block other customers.

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@DependentCustomer​ 

It's not as simple as you think and Jessie gave you a definitive answer with a request to send her a DM if you're having a problem with another user.

However, you cannot block another user in the open forums.  If you and another forum member have a conflict, again, you can send a DM to Jessie.

If someone is bothering you by sending you a DM you can block them there.

I suggest re-reading the Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy so that you understand what is and what isn't appropriate behavior here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@DependentCustomer​ 

Only Forum Administrators are able to block users in the Xfinity Forums and typically that only happens if the user has violated our Xfinity Forum Guidelines or our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policies. As mentioned by our Expert @Again, this is an open forum so one forum user cannot block another user from being able to read and participate in this space. Again also mentioned, that you can block a user from contacting you directly via direct message, but that user will still be able to access and use the site. Unfortunately, this is not like other social media channels where you may be able to block a user from accessing your profile page or engaging with your public comments. We simply do not have that functionality and honestly, most public forums also do not have that capability. 

We hope this addresses your concerns. Again, my offer stands if you would like to discuss an individual user or have concerns about a user's behavior, feel free to send me a direct message. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here