user_pgb276's profile

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Friday, September 22nd, 2023 9:20 PM

Closed

Forum has wrong email address

I changed my comcast email address because of excessive spam. My forum profile still has the old email address and I cannot change it. I also cannot create a new forum profile because it automatically logs me onto the existing profile when enter my new comcast user id.

Forum user: user_pgb276

Old xfinity user: pgbennett

New xfinity user: peter[Edited: "Personal Information"]22

When I log in to the forum with comcast user peter[Edited: "Personal Information"]22, it logs me on to user_pgb276 and has [Edited: "Personal Information"] as my email address. I need it to have [Edited: "Personal Information"] as my email address.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

9 months ago

@user_pgb276 

Each forum profile is uniquely tied to an individual email address. There is no way to link or modify the login email for a forum profile in any way. If you would like access to a different forum profile you will need to fully log out of the profile you do not want and re-log back in with that other email. Please note, due to browser cache and cookies, you may need to clear those fully for the system to prompt you to be able to put in the other credentials and not log you in automatically. 

In the future, we ask that you please refrain from posting any personal information publicly. This is a public forum that anyone can access and we want to ensure your information remains secure. Please remember, posting personal identifiable information in this forum is a violation of our Xfinity Forum Guideline and Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. We ask all users review those documents to prevent any types of violations in their forum posts/direct messages. 

We hope that answers your questions. Please let us know if you need anything else. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here