E

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Saturday, November 6th, 2021 10:28 PM

Closed

Fix username

My username was previously EndCORPabuse, for some reason, after an employee suggested I change it but not stating it violated any community standard, it was changed to what it is now without my knowledge or permission. 

While yes I would like all abuse to end specifically my message was about ending CORPORATE abuse. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@Endabuse 

Usernames are changed in the Xfinity Forum if they violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines or Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy. In this situation, your username was edited due to the inflammatory nature of the username. We ask that all users please review the guidelines and acceptable use policy in it's entirety. Please remember, by having an account and utilizing these forums, you have already hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those documents as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379) and all Xfinity Agreements, Policies and Service Disclosures (https://www.xfinity.com/policies). Including the Xfinity Customer Agreement and Xfinity Acceptable Use Policies.

We apologize that you do not like the current username, we are happy to modify it for you again as long as the new requested username is in adherence with those documents. Please let us know how we can continue to assist. 

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

Inflammatory in what way? Could it be changed to "ExpropriateHarmfulCorps"?

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Endabuse

Anything comments or usernames that are disparaging or insulting to Comcast or any other user/entity is considered inflammatory. We will not be moving forward with your username request at this time. If you have another username that you would like that is not disparaging or insulting in any way whether overt or subtle, then we will gladly make that change for you. 

For additional information as to what we view as inflammatory we ask that you please review the Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy in it's entirety specifically the references to usernames and inflammatory content. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityJessie I am still waiting for my username to be fixed. EndCORPabuse is what it should be. I feel abused by corporations, I'd like it to end, and I'd like my username to reflect that. 

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@Endabuse 

As mentioned in my previous reply, any username that is disparaging to a specific entity, person, user, or corporation will not be allowed in our forum. At this time, we will not be moving forward with reversing the username change. If you would like to change your username to something else that does not violate our forum guidelines we will be happy to make that change for you. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here