U

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, December 14th, 2022 8:50 PM

Closed

DM Email Notification Not Working

I am new to DMs.  I have not been able to receive email notifications for DMs.  Platform (forum) notifications for DMs are working.  Both ‘Email’ and ‘Platform’ checkboxes for ‘New direct message received’ in ‘Notification & Preference’ option are checked.  The email address in my profile is correct.  I am not blocking any of the email address coming from xfinity.com.  This has been inconvenient because I am getting help from Xfinity Support through DMs and I have to go to Forum to see if I have new messages or not.  Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

**Update: 02/08/2023**

All,

We have received another update from our platform vendor that this issue has been resolved. Please let me know if you would like me to send you a direct message to confirm. Thank you again for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved. 

**Update: 01/25/2023**

All, 

We have received confirmation from our platform vendor that a fix has been implemented and this should now be fully resolved. All in-forum and email notifications for this forum should now be working as designed. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues with receiving those DM notifications. 

**Original Message: 12/16/2022**

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. This has been reported to our platform vendor. We will post any updates here as soon as we receive them. In the meantime, you can take advantage of the in-forum visual and audible notifications. 

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding in this matter. 

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

1 year ago

I tested with @XfinityJessie and confirmed that the issue was resolved.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @user_2685a9! Thanks for meeting us in our community again. We are happy to help with the notification issue. I just need clarification. You mentioned you do receive the platform notifications for DMs, but you do not get the email notification of the DM notification? It sounds like you checked your Profile Settings and the"Profile Information" tab. Did you click on the "Preferences & Notifications" tab? There is a very long list of preferences, and how you would like the alert delivered. Let us know if this helps.  

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ Unfortunately it does not help because I have all the options in  'Notifications & Preferences' tab checked for both emails and platform.

When I receive a DM, I see a red dot on the DM icon in the forum.  I do not get any email. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Thank you for confirming, @user_2685a9. Have you checked to see if they are going to your email's spam folder? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityChe​ Yes.  I've already checked the spam folder.  Please see the post from BruceW below who has the same issue.  If this is a bug, this is very inconvenient for DM users.  Is Xfinity aware of this issue and working on fix?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification on that! I don't see any open tickets for this issue, but we can definitely look into this in a bit more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ I've just DM'ed.  I have been DMing with "Xfinity Support" for another issue and this can get confusing because I could not find a way to create a separate conversation for this issue.  If there is a way to do it, let me know.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

2 years ago

... I have not been able to receive email notifications for DMs. ...

The Forum has a few bugs. I get no email notifications either for DMs, only the red dot and/or beep "Platform" notifications. No notifications of any sort for any Reply items either, not "Platform", and not email. For me these have been broken since this version of the Forum was launched nearly two years ago.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

@BruceW thanks for the info.  Do you know if I use 'Reply' to a post and include the tag of the person who posted, will he/she get notified?

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Yes, they will get notify and will be able to see your comment.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

2 years ago

... Do you know if I use 'Reply' to a post and include the tag of the person who posted, will he/she get notified?

I do not know. Apparently some do. All I know for sure is that I don't get them. Tagged or not tagged, I don't get them. Never have, not once. Which is why I write:

When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

The fix is not working for me.  After I saw the post that the problem was fixed, I received two DMs., There were still no email notifications.  I DM'ed Xfinity Support and unmarked 'Accepted Answer'.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_2685a9​ 

We apologize that you are still experiencing issues with forum email notifications. Please be aware that the email notifications will go to the email address associated with your forum profile. To verify that email address you can simply click your avatar image in the upper right corner of any forum page and in the drop-down menu choose "View Profile". There you will see the email address those notifications will be sent to. Additionally, since these are automated email messages, they have a tendency to wind up in email boxes "Spam" folder. We recommend checking your spam folder for your email to ensure those notifications are not winding up there. 

Please report back if you do not see them in your forum associated email spam folder.

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

My email for the forum is comcast email.  It's not in the spam folder.  The fix installed by a vendor few days ago was supposed to fix this problem.  My understanding is that this is not just me having the issue.

This reply has been converted into a post

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityJessie wrote: "... All in-forum and email notifications for this forum should now be working as designed. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues with receiving those DM notifications. ..."

My profile Email and Platform "Notification Preferences" are enabled for all items, but I still receive no notification by either Email or Platform of:

• New reply on posts I have posted or followed
  • Mention on a reply in the community
  • New likes on replies I have posted

For "New direct messages received" I get Forum "Platform" (beep/blink) notifications, but no email notifications.

Why even bother to have these Preferences listed if they don't work?

ETA: Example: The Reply at https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/to-pause-and-rewind-live-tv-insert-the-card/63de3a7ad9aa6753d37af47b?commentId=63de8a23b03aac5c8e434294&replyId=63de8c5ab03aac5c8e4342a6 produced no notification whatsoever. Not by email, and not by the "Platform" bell. Nothing. Zip, zilch, nada.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

All,

We apologize if you are still experiencing issues with forum email notifications. I will ensure this gets reported again to our platform vendor. As soon as we have a response, I will be sure to share that information here. 

Thank you in advance for your continued patience as we work to get this fully resolved. 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityJessie ,  I did not get notification for your 2/8/23 update.  Anyway, yes, please send me a DM. 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityJessie , would you DM or give me an update on this problem?

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_2685a9​ 

You would need to send a DM to @XfinityJessie .

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityJessie wrote on 02/08/2023: "... Please let me know if you would like me to send you a direct message to confirm. ..:

Please do! I received several DMs from Xfinity Support on April 6, but no email notification of any of them.

And because I receive no notifications of any sort for edits, I had no idea that this problem had supposedly been corrected, nor of your offer to test the fix. Where it not for @user_2685a9's message a short while ago I still would be unaware.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityJessie: Now, at 8:34PM, I still do not have an email notification for the DM you sent at 12:43pm, not in the Inbox, not in Spam, not anywhere. Maybe try again?

Also, I still receive no notification of any sort for Replies. Which is why I once again remind you that:

When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@BruceW​ 

Our platform vendor has recently made an update to ensure email notifications come in faster and with greater reliability. I have sent you a forum direct message to confirm this with you directly. Please let me know if you continue to experience a delay or lack of email notifications for forum direct messages. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here