Direct message

Activate direct messaging

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

1 year ago

Activate direct messaging

The Direct Messaging icon for private messages doesn't appear until you have made your first post. You should be able to see it now as long as you are logged in to the Forums (you may need to reload the page).

Please be aware that using Direct Messaging before you have been asked to do so is considered a violation of the Forum Acceptable Use Policy. See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-acceptable-use-policy/602d9c64c5375f08cd574236.

You are encouraged to first post a description of your question or problem without including any personal information. If personal information is needed you'll be asked to provide it in a private Direct Message.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I need my bill fixed right away .not only I’m I a customer I’m an employee. This is so frustrating not to be able to talk to someone that does not speak English. We been trying fix the problem for 2 week

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_2caa4d​ 

As an employee you should have read the rules of the forum when joining.

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@user_2caa4d​ 

This is for residential customers.  We cannot help employees here.  Sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thank you for clarifying.  :-)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Hi Bruce W. 

I was an active poster/commenter/kudo-er in the old xfinty forums. Since maybe 2016 or whenever xfinty mobile was first launched. 

Now there's this new forum thing and it gave me a new user name, and states that I have only been a member since 2023 (ha!) and that I have no posts, etc. Did everyone have to start over or did I do something wrong? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

1 year ago

... Did everyone have to start over ...

I had no part in the transition, so I don't know how it was "supposed" to work. I retained my ID and join date, but lost all my macros. Essentailly all the account prefs were different and needed to be updated, and there were a lot of bugs (a painful number of which remain). 

In the old forum I'd suggest you send a message to the administrator asking them to correct your profile, but they've become very touchy about unsolicited private/direct messages. Maybe admin @XfinityJessie will see this and grant you a dispensation.

What sort of bugs remain? Here's one I've had to put up with since Day One:

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

4 Messages

10 months ago

Just doing this to activate direct messaging.

4 Messages

10 months ago

Just doing this to activate direct messaging

2 Messages

10 months ago

Me to, and hopefully also enable the description field when trying to,post.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

10 months ago

Me to, and hopefully also enable the description field when trying to,post.

Direct Messaging:

The Direct Messaging icon for private messages doesn't appear until you have made your first post. You you may be able to see it now as long as you are logged in to the Forums (you may need to reload the page), or you might have to start a new topic.

Please be aware that using Direct Messaging before you have been asked to do so is considered a violation of the Forum Acceptable Use Policy. See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-acceptable-use-policy/602d9c64c5375f08cd574236.

You are encouraged to first post a description of your question or problem without including any personal information. If personal information is needed you'll be asked to provide it in a private Direct Message.

Enable the description field:

Do these steps in this order:

1. sign out of the Forum
  2. sign out of Xfinity
  3. close all Forum and Xfinity windows/tabs
  4. delete cache
  5. delete all Sprinklr, Comcast, and Xfinity cookies
  6. sign in to https://www.xfinity.com/
  7. sign in to https://forums.xfinity.com/

Thereafter, always sign in to Xfinity.com BEFORE entering the Forums

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here