user_zua8qe1's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, December 20th, 2023 11:06 PM

change user name

I would like to change my user name in this community forum to something less identifying. Most of the other users show "User3878" or something like that. When I go to the profile the username is grayed out with a red dot next to it.

Administrator

• 

5.8K Messages

2 months ago

@user_zua8qe1 Thank you for posting your forum question here. You will notice that your username has been modified to something that provides you with more anonymity. If you would like it modified again to something of your choosing, you can share that here and we are happy to make that change for you. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

2 months ago

I'd like to change my Forum username, make it shorter. Are we allowed to, and can we also update the email address under forums profile here too?  I don't use the one on file. 

I see no "edit" - fot these 2 sections. Only red dots like "Required Fields", but cannot type over them.

Any simple, out in the open forum here, transparent tips or hints?  I don't do DMs unless it's serious.  Then I have to use Twitter to get things done.  They're pretty good there.  Anyhoo, not a big deal, a curiosity?

Lori

LadyNuman 

Administrator

• 

651 Messages

@LadyNumanReznor​ myself or @XfinityJessie can assist with these--what would you like your username shortened to? Feel free to post that requested username here or send it via direct message to "XfinityJessie".

Apologies, we are unable to edit your login email. Because the Xfinity Forum uses Comcast SSO, you will need to change your SSO email via Xfinity My Account. Once you update it there, it will automatically update the Xfinity Forum login information too. 

Please let us know what more we can do to assist. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here