U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2022 10:22 PM

Closed

Can anyone explain to me what the purpose of this forum is? Every question seems to go unanswered

I'm a bit at a loss, what exactly is the purpose of this forum if all the xfinity reps are seemingly unable to answer even the most basic questions? It even says in their signature 'We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation."

How? How would that ever be possible?

Every single question on here is answered with a response to call tech support, which is exactly why most of us came to the forum in the first place, because we couldn't get help elsewhere and wanted to find someone who had the same issue and possibly found a resolution.

Am i misinterpreting what this forum is for?

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

@user_c3997d and others,

Thank you for posting your question here regarding the Xfinity Forum. From the beginning, the Xfinity Forum (and many other online forums) has been designed as a primarily peer to peer based support tool. This means that most of the Accepted Solutions are authored by customers just like you. In the case when a question cannot be answered by another customer, our Digital Care Team will step in and offer support. In order to provide you the best experience, you may be asked to send us a direct message so we can keep your account secure and your personal information private.

For Xfinity Mobile concerns, the Xfinity Mobile Team has requested that they be the team to handle the majority of the questions related to that product. This means our team only has limited access to Xfinity Mobile accounts and can provide limited support to those customer. This is why with Xfinity Mobile questions, we will refer you directly to the team that can review and support your Xfinity Mobile account. 

You will notice that answers are provided by our Digital Care Team in other areas (non-Xfinity Mobile boards) of the forum as our team can support our other services and lines of business. 

I hope this answers your questions regarding how the Xfinity Forum is designed to function. If you have any other questions, please dont hesitate to let us know. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I actually was just thinking the same thing (as I try tirelessly to find a solution to an issue). 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Thanks for contacting xfinity, please call 8889364968. You won't even get Thanks if in store.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

seems like a place for people to vent.  I put in a question months ago.. not a word.  Heck, I even called customer service and got a number to track for issues(nothing).

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I realize I'm about 2 years too late on the posts regarding the "LIMIT of 25 calls to be Blocked" by Xfinity, and I was irritated as well so I researched an "ADD-ON" to my Land Line and it's thew perfect solution. It's called the "CPR v5000 CALL BLOCKER FOR LANDLINE PHONES" you can find it on Amazon or eBay or wherever it pops up for sale when you Google it. It comes with millions of numbers already stored in it that are typically SPAM and once you get it set up...there's a BIG RED BUTTON on the device that allows you to "Block Now" and their number gets added to the database never to be heard from again.  It slowed my calls down from 6 to 12 per day (somedays) down to one or less per day after the first week of being installed.  Now, you know that ROBO Calls will jump to the new number until they run out of extensions to use, but I don't care, it stopped 99% of the trash so it was worth the $65.00 I paid for it.  Hope that helps the folks that may still be looking for a solution until Xfinity increases their limit to "unlimited" like we have on our iPhones! All the best!

This comment has been converted into a post

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"], if you call the support number is almost impossible to reach a real person, after 20 or 30 minutes when you finally reach an agent and explain that your internet is not working they only say : 

"I see everything ok here, the problem must on your side, is there anything i can help you with ?"

[Edited: "Language"] , i will switch to AT&T as soon it is available in area.

(edited)

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here