Cindycam's profile

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Monday, August 13th, 2018 3:00 PM

Closed

Banned

Is it possible to find out  what it was that got my partners email iD banned from this forum. It happened a few years ago. I have had several others review all posts made , but still today, cannot find anything that violates any rules.

Obviously I have not posted the email ID  here, but would greatly appreciate a response. 

Its not a big deal as I am able to connect with my account, but with all the banning on social media going on, it would be nice to at least have some idea why.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Cindycam,

Thank you for posting your questions in the Xfinity Forum, I am happy to help. 

The most common reason for a Xfinty Forum ban is caused by users requesting to be put on the Comcast's Do Not Mail/Email list. This list ensures that you receive no emails from Comcast. Since this forum will send automatic emails when someone @ tags your username, you receive a reply to your post, you move to a new forum rank, you receive a private message, etc., these emails can essentially nullify your request to no longer receive Comcast emails. To ensure we adhere to your request to stop receiving any Comcast emails, our system will automatically ban any email address on the Do Not Mail/Email list. 

We can reverse a system ban easily. However, the "owner" of that username and email must agree to be removed from our Do Not Mail/Email list and approve receiving those automatic Xfinity Forum email communications. 

All other forum bans occur when a user violates our Xfinity Forum Guidelines and/or our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy in either public posts or private messages. Remember if a post violates our guidelines it will be removed and you will not be able to view/access it.

In both cases, we can discuss options to get that username reinstated. If you would like to send me a private message with the username and associated email I will happily explain more as to why that user was banned and what we can do moving forward. 

To send me a private message, click on my username, you then be directed to my profile page. Once there, click on Send a message

Thanks again. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The same for me...my partners email iD was banned from this forum a few years ago.

Just wondering why.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@theburgher2 wrote:

The same for me...my partners email iD was banned from this forum a few years ago.

Just wondering why.

@theburgher2 

I have responded to your private message and am happy to investigate this. I look forward to receiving your reply to discuss this further.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am in the same boat, and am posting here so that the option to send a PM will be available.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@MThomas98 

If you would like me to investigate why an email address may have been banned from the Xfinity Forum, feel free to private message me the email address in question and we can discuss this further. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. I sent you a PM shortly after my post (the sole reason for my post was to make a first post so that I could then PM you).

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you ComcastJessie

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here