reggiefl's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, June 14th, 2022 4:26 PM

Closed

Youtube TV app not working on FLEX

I just got my new FLEX today, easy to setup. Now I'm trying my apps, NETFLIX works, Youtube works, Prime Videos works but Youtube TV doesn't. I clicked on the app then it looks like something happens but nothing, screen goes back to HOME, no error message, just the message "press i for information". I did and it's some info msg about privacy. Need help.  btw Youtube TV works fine on my AMZ Firestick.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello reggiefl, thank you for reaching out to us here with this concern. We can certainly help you with getting your Youtube app to work properly on your Flex box. To get started can you tell me if you've tried rebooting the app or the equipment to correct this issue? 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

After several reboots, it's working now. Thanks

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hey there @reggiefl! Thank you for letting us know that everything is now working! Please reach out here again if you ever need anything at all! 😊

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I had the same issue and I had to unplug and replug the device twice (with a software reset and restart for good measure) before the YT TV app started working. I suspect the device has to do several updates before things worked, although there is no indication that such updates are happening.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same problem with set up. All other apps are working fine but YouTube TV won't even open. I'm now on my fourth reboot and getting pretty frustrated at the hassle.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm now having the exact same problem with set up. All the other apps are working fine but YouTube TV won't even open. I'm now on my fourth reboot and getting pretty annoyed at the wasted time. Isn't this something that should be addressed by now? 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_97c92f​ wait a day or two, everything started to work the next day I installed the FLEX stream box. Good luck!

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Hello @user_97c92f​  thank you for reaching out to us. Are you still having the same issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

The real question is why? What other apps require multiple reboots in order to function properly or in this case, at all? Certainly not Peacock (owned by the mega-conglomeration-media-giant). It worked perfectly right out of the box.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityStephanieT​ I am having the exact same problem.  Multiple reboots and the problem persists.

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

@user_8f2739  I understand this is frustrating, we are here to help. Have you tried to uninstall the Youtube TV app, and reinstall it to see if it helps at all? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here. Every app works, YTTV stopped working last night/ this morning. Have done 4 reboots no luck.

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

@samjordan1817 I know it is frustrating when things aren't working as they should, we definitely want to make sure you can access the YouTube TV app so you can view things the way you want to. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See  https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue, after repeated complaints why won’t xfinity address the issue

Gold Problem Solver

• 

259 Messages

Hi, may I ask if you've given these steps a try https://comca.st/3A360QM?

I no longer work for Comcast

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Same issue. Everything else works. YouTube TV won't even open. Rebooting and rebooting. Nothing.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tried deleting the locally stored data. YouTube TV still doesn't work but now I have to resign into all my other channels. Awesome use of my time.

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@veloce916 This is never the experience we want for you.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? We'll be happy to look into this for you. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here.  Tried rebooting 4 times. Nothing, although it tries but is not successful. Back to my fire stick for now. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hmm. Interesting that YoutubeTV is one of the largest competitors of Xfinity and this problem is persistent. I am wondering if it is truly a coincidence. I'm having the same problem. All other apps work fine seamlessly. After 4 reboots I'm still in the same predicament. Very, very aggravating to say the least.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @usually_dont_do_this_but, we certainly understand how frustrating it can be to experience issues. We'd like to troubleshoot, please send a Direct Message with your full name and address. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I've been enjoying YouTube TV supplied through my Flex box since I began my Xfinity service about 3 months ago.  However, since at least Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2022, the clickable icon for YouTube TV is no longer present when I start up my Flex box.  But if I use the remote control's voice command, and say YouTube TV, I am promptly connected to this subscription service.  However, when I exit from this service to enter Hulu or Prime Video, I have to use voice command to regain entry into YouTube TV.  FYI, clickable start-up icons are provided to enter YouTube & YouTube Kids.  So, the actual connecting "portal" is present & working for YouTube TV via Xfinity's Flex software, it's just the clickable icon to enter this portal that is missing from the start-up menu (and I've repeatedly gone through ALL icons).  I have contacted Xfinity support twice to seek help with this concern, but to no avail.  In my 2nd online chat about this issue, I was told Xfinity was "aware" of a problem, and that I should wait a day or so to see if it "resolves"; it didn't.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same problem.  FLEX originally worked good with You Tube TV when I initially installed FLEX but now it keeps booting me off You Tube TV.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Why did FLEX work with You Tube TV when I originally installed FLEX and now it keeps booting me off You Tube TV?

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Hello, and thank you for reaching out for help with an app on Xfintiy Flex. I have been in your same position, and can appreciate the need to be able to watch all my favorite programing. I have found relief, by removing an app, and adding it back, then logging in with a refreshed app. Are you able to remove the app, and then install it, and log back in, how did that help?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Just installed my first flex box.  YouTube TV does not work.  When I click on the app I get the warning about going to third party app, then nothing.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. That i strange YouTube TV does work on the Flexbox as illustrated here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/youtube-tv-on-flex in the support article. Can you double-check to make sure you have the latest version of the YouTube TV app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here