U

4 Messages

Saturday, February 10th, 2024 1:30 AM

Closed

Xumo stream box issues

It seems the Flex box, now replaced by the XUMO Steam box, are prone to a multitude of issues.

I was using a Roku until June 2023 when Hulu stopped being supported on that model, so I thought I would switch to the Flex box since it's free and gives Peacock as a free benefit. All was well with the box until early December, when it started having issues with the Dolby digital stream via the HDMI; it would not send the signal, requiring multiple reboots to get it to comply, and often with a ten minute delay, in which the signal would go in and out for several minutes, often with jarring loud noises sent to the speakers. Tech support said go get a new box, which we did the other day, now the XUMO STREAM box. It worked well for ONE DAY, and now does exactly the same thing, IN ADDITION TO OFTEN FREEZING UP WHILE IN ACTIVE USE (the remote stops responding, so to end a show I must unplug power to the unit).  Is there anything to be done other than getting ANOTHER box? Is there some reason Comcast/Xfinity struggles so much with having quality hardware?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I had the issue with audio from Xfinity Stream app playing over other apps. I changed the Xfinity Stream “auto play” settings suggested above and that appears to have fixed the issue. At least for now. 

1 Message

6 months ago

With as many posts and comments about the same issue, how has this not been fixed yet? It’s been going on for 2+ months. I am having this same issue today. Boggles my mind Xfinity can’t figure it out. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_fvipy8 Hey there! Thanks for using our Forums to contact our team. We understand that you are having issues are we are happy to help. To get started can you send us a DM with your name and service address?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

We have 2 Xumo boxes...they both shut our TVs off 5 to 10 times per hour. This is the second set of 2 we got to remedy the problem to no avail. Add the wasted time at the xfinity store on 2 occasions since phone assistence offered no solution. This after countless hours on the phone to fix the problem. They read a flowchart on how to fix it yet nothing corrects the problem. We also get background audio that interferes with any apps we try to watch. We decided to get roku devices and switch providers rather than deal with perpetual ongoing battles and frustrations just to watch TV. XUMO surely cost them customers...word of mouth travels fast. Save the stress and speak with your wallet. 

2 Messages

@user_weoxv6​ yeah, an order for a chrome cast has been placed to replace this. As for Xfinity, looks like I can start looking at replacements

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_weoxv6 I completely understand your frustration. Dealing with Xumo boxes that repeatedly turn off your TVs and create audio interference is not the experience we want for you.  Having to go through multiple customer service interactions and still not get a resolution is beyond frustrating. It sounds like you've put in a significant amount of time and effort trying to get this fixed. We appreciate your feedback regarding the devices and what was happening. I know you mentioned you got Roku devices, if you need assistance with the account please let us know. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Xfinity steam keeps trying to launch by itself within minutes of launching an app like sling on my xumo box. Xfinity stream plasters itself over sling, kills its audio and messes the whole stream up to a black screen despite trying to disable it. I'm returning my xumo box and getting a firestick or something, xumo box is the worst thing xfinity could have done.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ We are telling you what the issue is and the only thing we get is try another browser or clean your cache or restart the device and that is NOT the answers that work, none of those repeated answers work.

1 Message

4 months ago

Mine is doing the same thing. I’ve worked with four different agents trying to get it to work. I recently switched back to Xfinity. I’ll be cancelling and switching back to quantum fiber.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

user_ea0vr7 This is not the experience we want for you and would love to help. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

Well done with Xfinity's slow upload Internet. Spent 2 hours online with customer support! I am spending almost $250 per month for TV & Internet and I own all my Equipment including cable TV boxes! They have a basket full of square pegs to push customers around shoving us into round pegs! My download speed is plenty they dare to tell me I have to move up to the 1200/35 package to get faster upload from 20 meg! And pushing XUMO Stream Boxes on TOP! LOL I politely said I have faster equipment  FireTV 4K Max which is Wifi 6e! HUGE difference in speed from Wifi 6 to 6e! Just like network Cat Wire Cat-5 to Cat-5e! I would be GOING backward!

I just want to keep my channel package and have 100 meg upload for a cheaper price! I already have Verizon Fiber that came with my house and can get 500/500 for $69 locked in.

But it looks like I am being forced out ! because the Xfinity model pick package 1, 2 or 3 because of marketing we give you faster Download speed! My 1000 download is fast enough! My Cable modem has DOCSIS 3.1 speeds up to 2.5 gig and my Wifi is better than Xfinity box ! I have Mesh system Wifi 6e and also have outdoor unit for further distances! 

Anyone searching for faster upload Comcast is NOT IT! After Covid and 4K 2-way streaming and constant buffering! 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Rickt19621 Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing the experience that you had with reaching to us for help with your account. I know that upload speed is just as important for many as download speed and keeping service rates within a budget is crucial for everyone. I'm sorry the calls you made did not offer the assistance you need. I would love to help out! Many areas now have been upgraded to the Next generation network which is offering upload speeds of 100 Mbps and 200 Mbps for our gigabit extra and x2 speed tiers. I would be happy to look into avaiable options for us to see if we have a better promotion to fit your needs. 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. From there I can verify the account and see how we can help. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here