S

Friday, July 21st, 2023 9:00 PM

Closed

Vudu no longer working with the xFinity Flex Box.

Vudu has been working on all my TV's until last night when my husband tried to open Vudu to watch a movie.  I can watch it on that same TV using the already installed app, but my husband likes using the remote to open Vudu since its not on the screen.  I keep getting an error message that states this:

Failed to connect to the network.  Press any key to retry.

Details:  connection timeout

More info:  HARDWARE

ID:  XFIN:STB:PERF3:80a314a4f3d34715d762d56345b019efaf381ec0

Device ID:  2c  ,SW Build #:  8.0.44 (2044-e569eaf4)

Is there a way to update the hardware for this or even uninstall and reinstall it so we can continue to watch this on the Flex TV Box???

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I'm having the same issue

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue with my tv as well

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue on the flex. Failed to connect to network. Yet I can open other apps just fine.

(edited)

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m having the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

@user_4356aa thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your Vudu not working. Have you tried restarting your cable box/flex device or uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issue in my house too

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue.  Only VUDU does not work. Seems to be a reoccurring issue. Works okay using Apple TV, DVD player, TV, and ROKU. 

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m have the same thing happen. Works with all other applications but xfinity devices. 

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

@user_961cc9 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you currently still seeing an issue with accessing Vudu? Please let us know if you need assistance we will be happy to troubleshoot with you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Good afternoon @Stargate13, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your Vudu not working on your Flex device. Have you tried restarting your cable box or uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ 

It isn't working on the X1 box.  Every other app is working like it should.  All the cables are connected correctly, the box has been refreshed and restarted. Judging by the numerous posts regarding this same "connection timeout" issue, it seems to be an issue on Xfinity's side.

2 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ what are you talking about? We're not talking about a phone here. There's no option to uninstall or reinstall apps. Is that just a computer generated response for app issues? That's completely unresponsive to the question. 

1 Message

This happened before not too long ago it had nothing to do with our boxes for some reason xfinity and vudu don’t jive some times last time it took weeks to work again

2 Messages

1 year ago

It's back working now

3 Messages

@user_dc2b20​ thanks for the heads up, mine is working again too!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here