mrubino's profile

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Monday, April 3rd, 2023 3:37 AM

Closed

Netflix will freeze with a black screen on FLEX box

Recently, my Flex box is having problems with the Netflix app. All the other apps work fine, but after a few days I need to restart (unplug) the flex box in order for Netflix to work. It has worked fine for a few years and this is a new problem. When choosing the Netflix menu item I will see "entering a third party app", but instead of the Netflix logo appearing, the screen will be black. I can exit, choose any other app and it will work, but once this occurs the only way to view Netflix is to restart the box. Something has broken with the Flex and Netflix. I really do not want to unplug this box every few days. thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @mrubino, please let us know if you are still having issues with Netflix on your Flexbox. There is a good chance we need to swap out your Flexbox. We can help you take care of that here, or you can stop by any Xfinity store near you to swap it out free of charge. 

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Rather than a chance, can someone help debug the problem? It seems like an issue with the Netflix and flex software, not the box.  Every other app works fine. Restarting the box every few days helps Netflix. Issue not seen with other apps. Who can help debug the problem, rather than simply swapping the box?

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I will be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps with you and most probably swap out the Flex box, @mrubino. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Well I tried a DM to you, and really didn't get any useful response and then you went dark. I'll try calling when I have time. Comcast is one hard company to work with.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Very sorry for the bad experience! Please let us investigate the issue.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Was this resolved? It’s been happening on my device too.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@NoNotGood​ Nope, lots of chatting with them, but it is useless. They ask for the same information over and over with no resolution other than unplugging the device or swapping the device.  Obviously there is a bug with the Netflix app or the app on this version of the device/software.  Maybe I should swap the device, but have little confidence. Every other app on the device works fine. Just the Netflix app.

Hello Comcast - Does anybody really care to debug this issue and resolve it?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We are glad to take a look at this for you @NoNotGood.  Please feel free to create a post so that we can get to work on this for you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here