U

Sunday, June 9th, 2024 12:40 AM

I’M SO ANGRY!!! I WANT MY FLEX BOX BACK!!!

I don’t like change because it’s RARELY better. When they say “new and improved” it means “new and WORSE”!

I LOVED my Flex box and was very happy with it- no bells, whistles or frills which I DON’T need or want. Until it started having an intermittent problem and I’d have to get up, unplug, replug, and then wait over 5 mins for it to restart/reload. I called one day to see if they could send me a new box, and they said no, they have a “new and improved” box called “Xumo”. I told them no, I don’t believe it, every time I’ve ever changed, or tried to upgrade something, it’s always worse. They told me that it was the same as Flex only SO much better, and ASSURED me that I would like it. I told them no, I don’t wanna try it because I know it’ll be worse. But then they said if I didn’t, I could always switch back to my Flex box- just hang onto it.

Well they LIED!!! After assuring me and even PROMISING that I could get it back if I wanted, now they’re saying it’s IMPOSSIBLE to get it back!!!

Xumo automatically starts playing “Currently Playing” and it’s usually news- something that I don’t watch or wanna hear! And you can NOT stop it! The only thing you can do is mute it or go into an app. If you don’t, you can’t stop it and you’re forced to hear/listen to it as you browse! And the interface is terrible! Its lay-out is NOT user-friendly, and streaming, if you back up or go forward, it’s super slow to load – you see a black screen for a few seconds before it loads! The remote is HORRIBLY set up and it hurts my hand! You have to press it SO  hard and SO many times to get it to respond! The volume button is in the wrong spot, and so is the mute button and it’s not flat and so you can’t just set it on the table to press the buttons like my Flex remote-it wobbles, and then flips over so you have to pick it up, and hold it. Then move your thumb in a very odd position to adjust the volume! Or try to use your index finger but then holding the remote is an even more awkward position… Unless you use your left hand which I am not left-handed. And they talked about how there’s numbers on this remote and who needs them?! I don’t need them. I have my TV remote if I want to watch, regular TV/change channels! The volume is super quiet so I have to turn it way up to hear the program, and then the music suddenly is blaring, and I jump a foot! So I have to constantly be adjusting the volume which is giving me carpal tunnel in my phone because of the odd place for the volume button! I did not have this problem with the Flex box-everything was loud and easy to hear.

I just HATE it! I am not in good health, live alone and my TV is my only form of comfort & entertainment. I WANT MY FLEX BOX BACK AND THEY LIED AND ARE NOW SAYING IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET IT BACK!!! I’VE WASTED SO MUCH TIME ON THE PHONE AND ON CHAT TRYING TO GET IT BACK AND I’M SO MAD, ANGRY & FRUSTRATED!!! I KNEW BETTER BUT BELIEVED THEM WHEN THEY SAID THEY COULD SWITCH ME BACK IF I WANTED!!!

11 Messages

13 days ago

totally agree. I've also had both and xumo interface is outdated, slow, and sloppy

Official Employee

• 

752 Messages

12 days ago

Hello user_vnxg63 thank you so much for taking he time and relaying your experience with our Xumo streaming device and the remote. The Xumo device is meant to be the successor replacement of the Flex device, with improvements created mainly from customer feedback. While not a one-size-fits-all, we do want to make sure you have the best experience in your home.   

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

8 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ 

I would genuinely like to know about the improvements Xumo has incorporated from customer feedback. Thank you.

The Xumo device is meant to be the successor replacement of the Flex device, with improvements created mainly from customer feedback. 

8 Messages

9 days ago

@user_vnxg63 Your experience mirrors mine with respect to every single point you raised. I tried to find a way to re-activate my Flex box but eventually had to return it before the 30-day window expired and Xfinity would have charged me for not returning in it.

With regard to

if you back up or go forward, it’s super slow to load – you see a black screen for a few seconds before it loads!

I started a thread about it, if you have data to add to that please do. BTW, I believe this comment (below) is related to the Xumo being slow rather than the remote buttons (at least in my experience):

The remote is HORRIBLY set up and it hurts my hand! You have to press it SO  hard and SO many times to get it to respond! 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here