U

Monday, July 24th, 2023 3:59 PM

Closed

Has anyone received a call from Xfinity technical support [Edited]

I was on the phone all day yesterday and the day before, trying to get our FLEX box to work .  I even drove to the local store and switched out the FLEX box for a new one.... ( the first one was also new) 

This morning I received 2 phone calls from someone identifying themselves as Xfinity Technical Support, calling from [Edited: "Personal Information"].  I logged into my Xfinity acct and the number in the call log Said XFINITY Technical support as well.    The caller asked for my name and address, which I gave them, bcs I set up an appt for a technician the day before - so I thought they were confirming the address.  His next set of questions were for model and serial numbers to my equipment.  At this point I was suspicious and I told him to look under the notes in my acct , bcs all that information should be in the notes from the previous 2 days and there was no reason for me to waste me time repeating all this information.  I asked him his name and he got angry and hung up.  Has anyone else had this happen to them. ?

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

244 Messages

11 months ago

If at any time you feel any call is suspicious, please be aware of spoofing and how to protect yourself from it. Our Xfinity Caller ID has now been enhanced to include a [V] next to the caller’s name for certain calls. These are calls where the caller’s phone provider has verified that the call is coming from a non-spoofed telephone number. We have more on it here and additional scams to be aware of here for your convenience. Always challenge any call or interaction that you are not expecting or have not prompted.

If you're still having issues with your Flex box, we can help! Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
   • Click "Sign In" if necessary
   • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
   • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
   • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
   • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
   • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

I need yo cancel service call

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_w2rry4 please submit a new post so you can get the help you need. Thank you for following our guidelines. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

434 Messages

11 months ago

Calls coming from this number are scams. Good thing you caught on and did not provide anymore information.

3 Messages

Calls from this number are NOT a scam. I was just given this number directly from a Comcast tech support agent to call them back if I had another problem before the tech comes out tomorrow. 

This is legit number for tech support 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

I got a call from the same number but didn't answer it. They left a message my account was about to expire, call them right away.

It's safer now a days to call them back yourself by looking up their number. I am on the gov program and have not recieved anything from them about expiring or it renewal time.

Official Employee

• 

957 Messages

@user_77b9aeThanks for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. You can never be to careful these days. If you have any questions regarding your account please feel free to ask us. We are here to assist you through the Forums. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

10 months ago

I got a call from that number Sunday, and I had been doing business with Comcast, Saturday, and when I said "hello," no one responded, so I let it go. It seems weird.

1 Message

9 months ago

I just received a call from this number; no response so called back because was unsure. They knew the date and time for my appointment. Luckily I only gave my street address. How the hell do they have access to the appt info? I just made it an hour ago. Xfinity needs to tighten up cyber security or whatever is happening because this is highly unsafe. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_5a5e14 Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know. If you receive any calls or any form of communication you believe may not be legitimate, please reach out so that we can double-check your account, and we'll be happy to clarify any information from there.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

What number is suppose to call you back?    Because i have not received a phone call.   However I also block unknown callers. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @Gilbveid and thanks for your comment. To make sure that you are helped properly please submit your own post. Once you have your own public post we can track and provide support properly. Thank you and looking forward to helping you with your Peacock account. 

1 Message

9 months ago

Yes. This is a scam. They say they're technical support and they told me to deposit $200 for technician to come our and the money will be refunded. I said, " what [Edited: "Language"]." Xfinity doesn't require money for technician. Don't be fooled by these scammers. Curse them out and hang up.

(edited)

1 Message

8 months ago

This is continuing.  I got a call from this number right after setting an xFinity service appointment.  Comcast, get your security together!

1 Message

8 months ago

Same here, just got a call from this # and they knew I had an apt today. Glad I saw this thread!

1 Message

8 months ago

re : (855) 226-6408 

i got the call, and it was legit -- i made a tech appt online earlier in the day and advanced support called to try to troubleshoot further (and spare a tech visit scheduled a few days from now.) the agent (female voice, indian accent) was able to pull up my appt date and time, and asked a few questions to try to resolve the issue overt the phone.

certainly any number could be spoofed but if you have a reason to get a call from xfinity tech support it might be helpful to answer.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I've gotten 4 calls from (855) 226-6408. I don't answer and let them go straight to voice mail. This is what the voicemail says everytime.

Hello, we are calling on behalf of the Exfinity Advanced Technical Support Team in reference to your technician appointment and to provide you a faster resolution. Please call us back at 18552266408 Again, that number is 18552266408 Thank you.

I never call the number. I am quite suspicious since I don't have any appointments scheduled. I'm marking it as spam.

1 Message

6 months ago

I received a call from this number 1-855-226-6408 & the guy became angry because I asked what is the point of a call if the appt time was already confirmed ? And he kept telling me I needed to go to my modem because they wouldn’t come fix it if I didn’t tell him the serial number. I asked him what he needed it for and he cussed and I told him have a good day ! Obvious Scam! 

1 Message

6 months ago

Recieved a very similar call today..from Xfinity.This call came right after my phone call setting up an appt.Then 30 minutes later these people call..want to assist with my modem.Atvfirst I thought..wiw..ok great,then I thought and said, wait  how do I know your are really them after walked me through the process..of testing my modem. He offered new network number so i coukd get mine sooner than my appointment.  Since I wasn't comfortable then we ended the call. Then I called him back..he hello (my name)said hi the reason for my call.Then he hung up on me after he realized I called him. He was talking in one language at first then he switch to English. Then hangup. Praying for us all who are dealing with this type of harassment. Lord protect us all..in Jesus Name Amen! Psalms91. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_i4s4ti Oh no! Sorry to hear about this. We are happy you were able to stop the call from proceeding. We all must be vigilant out there. Thank you for sharing.

1 Message

5 months ago

Had the same number call me today about technical support before my appointment. Hung up after confirming my name and address, hopefully whoever was on the other end does not use that for anything shady. Hung up after 5 minutes. These scams are getting worse! They knew the time of my appointment with Comcast...

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_rn1p3z! If at any time you feel any call is suspicious, please be aware of spoofing and how to protect yourself from it. Our Xfinity Caller ID has now been enhanced to include a [V] next to the caller’s name for certain calls. These are calls where the caller’s phone provider has verified that the call is coming from a non-spoofed telephone number. We have more on it here and additional scams to be aware of here for your convenience. Always challenge any call or interaction that you are not expecting or have not prompted.

3 Messages

5 months ago

I got a call from them after Comcast set up a service appt. They said to call and that they had a solution where I did not need service. I called and told them I do need service and asked who they were and asked them to give me info on my acct. They provided service address and spouse name. They were no help, felt they were phasing.

3 Messages

It’s a legit call from Comcast tech support. I was just given this number directly from a tech support person.

They’re just trying to help troubleshoot and solve the problem you reported instead of sending out a service tech. The first tech you probably spoke with was Tier I support. If your problem is beyond the capabilities of the Tier I tech, they escalate the trouble ticket up to a Tier II tech, which is probably who called you back. Tier II support seems to have more tools to use to help resolve or troubleshoot your problem. It’s much less expensive to have a Tier II tech support person try to help than it is to send a tech. 
I understand feeling suspicious with all of the phishing warnings out there, but it only takes a minute to look up the number. 

3 Messages

5 months ago

This is NOT a scam phone number. It’s the phone number for Comcast tech support. I was just given this number directly from tech support so I could call them back. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here