Mclry's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 14th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

Flex crashing every 10-15 mins

I turn on Any streaming app (Hulu Netflix prime peacock etc.) about 5-10 min into flex crashes and goes back to the home menu. This has been going on for a week.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have this same issue. Mine will sometimes go for 45 mins before rebooting to the home screen. Doesn’t matter what app is being used. Swapped out the flex box with a new one, same issue. I have mine hard wired so not using WiFi. I guess you get what you pay for, it is free and Xfinity isn’t spending time fixing their issue.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Also having the same issue. Very close to going back to my Fire stick. Kind of sad because flex seemed quite nice.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’ve been watching Premier League on Peacock, and the app is crashing about four or five times in a game. It says that it lost the internet connection, but the rest of the devices in my house have no problem. It happens in other apps as well - we watched a movie on Amazon Prime and same problem.

At this point, I only use Flex for the free Peacock subscription, and my Roku for everything else.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’m having the same issue! It’s very frustrating!! I’m sorry you’re having problems as well

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Same here. Screen goes black while watching Netflix or Peacock and get kicked back to the home screen. This makes Flex unusable.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When the swapped out unit had the same issues, what the X say?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same here. Ongoing problem for months. Has potential, but currently a garbage device until fixed.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I gave up and returned both units I tried. Not ready to be released yet.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue with Amazon Prime and HBO Max. I suspect it's having bandwidth issues and the box crashes rather than pausing. The screen goes black for tens of seconds before going to the home screen. Sometimes it's fine and I can watch an hour-long show without interruption. This week it's been fragile and crashes every 10-15 minutes. I've turned down the quality to 720. Nothing else is using the network, it's 11 pm and I live alone. I wouldn't mind if it just paused the video until it caught up, but crashing is unacceptable. 

I do network admin at work and have developed some Ethernet devices for factory use so if the devs need any data to debug this, I'm happy to help. I can collect log files, for example. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Came here hoping so find a solution to the same problem but none are offered. I see it's been doing this for a year now and they still haven't done anything to fix it. They sent me another box, didn't work either so they offered to send out a technician who would install it for $100. Like I'm going to pay money to have a guy come plug it in and connect an hdmi cable.  

I can use apps that came with my smart tv and playstation with no problem at all so it's not the modem/router connection it's their damn box.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

Hello, @a2yearcontractforthis! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. :)

The cause for this type of issue with the Flex box can vary from person to person and there is no "one size fits all" fix. On the other hand, we would love to take a closer look with you to figure out the cause and make repairs so you can enjoy your Flex services! 

Please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can help. 

To send a Live Chat, click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page. On the next page, click the pencil and paper icon to start a new chat and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

I am having the same problem: network crashes no matter what app I am using. How can I contact a Comcast tech expert? Please let me know. We deserve a billing adjustment for the past 2 months this has been happening.

Patricia

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there! We would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page! Search for Xfinity Support, if needed. Talk to you there! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

The problem is back again this last week. It went away for a long stretch and I could watch shows uninterrupted. It's still intermittent. I watched a whole 45-minute show last night without a problem, but had the crash to home screen several times a few days ago. I've been watching Psych on Amazon Prime, 1-2 episodes a day. 

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @ScratchMonkey, I love Psych as well! My favorite episode is the duels spires one. It always makes me want pie, and cinnamon pie to be exact. If you haven't already, on Peacock the 2 movies are available to watch for free. I think the second one is better than the first though!

As far as the issues you're having we'd like to look into this further. If you can please send me a chat message, go to the top right of the screen and then search Xfinity Support, we can continue there and see about getting this working for you. If you're concerned about a speed issue we can look into that as well. Just make sure to include your name and address! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

Psych is currently working on a 3rd movie! I still need to watch the first two, maybe after I finish Farscape and Chuck. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This thing is a piece of junk. It was free, but as they say;  You get what you pay for.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

3 years ago

I haven't had much of a problem with Amazon Prime lately (I've been binging Chuck) but...

I've been watching The Nevers on HBO Max this week and I'm seeing the problem there. About every 15 minutes I get the animated 3 dots indicating buffering, and it will hang there if I do nothing. My workaround is to click the left-arrow button to jump back to the HBO Max main menu, then select the preview image for the episode to jump back into it. That seems to recover properly, most of the time. Sometimes I get a popup that it can't communicate with the HBO Max service. I hit left-arrow again to get to the menu, select the episode again, and the popup goes away and video resumes. It's usable but very annoying. 

Meanwhile, I'm watching Farscape on Amazon Prime using a TV with built-in app and it works flawlessly. So it's definitely the Flex that's choking. Same network, same router and modem. The TV doesn't have HBO Max so I can't test that, but I might on my Win 10 desktop with 4k TV as a display. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yeah, every streaming app that came included with my tv works great but, when I use the same app with the flex box I have problems. I've found that when things start to go wacky, which usually happens after performing one of their mandatory "refreshes", if I unplug the flex box and immediately plug it back in it'll usually fix the problem. At least until I have to perform another refresh. Needless to say, I only use the flex box when absolutely necessary.

I'm getting the same buffering problem on HBO Max too, but only on HBO Max (so far). 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

Any time you depend on a wifi signal, RF interference from something in your home can affect the signal. Hardwiring using Ethernet is best in this case.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@MNtundraRET

Yep, been there, done that, no difference. But, thanks for the advice.

I've seen other posts from people experiencing the same problem from as far back as 2019. It seems like they could've done something to fix it in those (at least) 2 years. Let's face it, they offer a free streaming service to get you to sign a 2 year internet contract and after you do they don't care if it works or not. I mean, what're you going to do? Go out pay for another streaming service when the whole idea was to save money in the first place? I don't think so. I will admit that for the last month or so there's been a vast improvement with the service. At least it's not an everyday thing now. I just hope I'm not "jinxing" myself by saying that. lol

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

3 years ago

My older TV lacks streaming apps. I saw the Flex as a way to address that deficiency. Are there other inexpensive small boxes that can connect the Internet to an HDMI-only TV and host the popular streaming apps? I could of course use Windows 10 on a regular PC but that's kind of heavyweight for that. The whole draw of the Flex is that I don't have to commit a big PC to streaming. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here