J

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, April 2nd, 2022 9:46 AM

Closed

Flex Bluetooth issues

I'm having issues connecting my Bluetooth wireless earbuds to my flex box. I've done it before but there was a firmware update and ever since it will connect for 1 second and then auto disconnect. I can never stay connected for more than a second.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

For anyone else reading this, the only working resolution to this issue is to have the Flex unit replaced.  I had this same issue, had mine replaced, and the replacement works.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@TheMontclair​ I am having same issue i have tried resetting,  restarting,  and impairing, everything that I can find online,  nothing works so pls tell me how to get replacement flex box ?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey @Jpeter38 thank you for visiting our Community Forums for help with your Xfinity Flex box and Bluetooth pairing. Do you currently have other devices that are connected as well?You can pair up to seven Bluetooth devices to Flex streaming TV Box, but only one can be connected at a time.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I've not been able to connect for a week now, although previously this worked fine. I called last week and talked to two different people for 45 minutes and was told it was likely a software glitch. Still hasn't been fixed.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_50e8d5

Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to let us know this has been continuing to have problems with connection on your Bluetooth device. I never want to keep my kids awake with TV after they are in bed so having the Bluetooth is amazing!

can you try going to settings > device settings > audio > Bluetooth devices > and unpair the device than pair it back?

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have been having the exact same issue with my sound bar that had always worked. Sound bar works with my headset and my phone so it’s not the device. I have unpaired the device (forgetting it) and now reconnected it only to receive an error message [XRE-22003]

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Also having this issue- done every troubleshooting step INCLUDING having an Xfinity employee remotely refresh my device. Definitely a firmware issue- things were working fine until late March.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to me @macp. Have you tried going to settings > device settings > audio > Bluetooth devices > and unpair the device than pair it back?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDevinC​ Yes I have tried this multiple times, as well as unplugging and refreshing my unit. I have no problems pairing with my phone or computer, so it's definitely an issue on your end.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Still having issue with this. I select forget and then try to reconnect and it won't reconnect even. I see it in the list , try to connect and it just stalls for 20 seconds before removing my headphones from the list, or it just gives an error saying sorry we can't connect please check that your Bluetooth device is turned on and in range of your tv box.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

Hi, @Jpeter38! Thanks for reaching back out. Please make sure the Bluetooth device isn't paired to any other device already. It may help to restart the Bluetooth device and put it back into pairing mode. Please let me know if that helps! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having a very similar issue, except that my flex box takes forever to even discover any Bluetooth devices, and if it ever finds my headset, my headset tells me that it's been paired. However, I then will get a message onscreen saying that it can't connect to my headset. I've tried multiple headsets with the same problem.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to our forums for support with your Flex box and connected devices. How far away are the devices when attempting to connect them? Has your Flex box recently been updated? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This wasn’t helpful at all. These auto generated messages are horrible

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have a pair of speakers right beside the flex unit and it won't even discover them at all whatsoever.  My ear buds connect then disconnect q5 secs later. It completely nerve-racking 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hi, thank you for reaching out to us on Xfinity forums. We would like to help you with your connection issue. Please send us a private message so we can assist. 

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Yes it was a firmware update i believe that messed up Bluetooth. Oh well. I won't be using this thing anymore 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I recently got a Flex device and having the same issue on Bluetooth not able to detect my AirPods. 

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

Hello @Century2015, I appreciate you reaching out to us for assistance with your blue tooth issue. I would be happy to assist you. Are you only having an issue when trying to connect to the Flex box by Bluetooth or are you having issues connecting to other devices as well?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Can't believe there isn't a resolution to this issue after almost 2 months of reports!

All we've gotten is a generic "have you tried pairing it again"

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Bluetooth device pairs but no sound. Headset works fine connected to computer, but not flex. Have tried forgetting and re-pairing. Nothing works. It says it's connected just fine. No updates that I'm aware of between last week and today.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_31b55e. There are no known issues yet, but I will keep an eye out. I have a few pairs of headphones that do the same thing and others that work. Waiting for a firmware update is the best for now. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

NO KNOWN ISSUES YET?!?!?!?!

WE ARE ALL STILL TRYING TO  CONNECT OUR COMPUTERS VIA BLUETOOTH.  HOW ABOUT A RESOLUTION, HM???

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having a similar issue, except the flex device does not even find my wireless headphones. I am able to pair my headphones with my phone, so they do work. Can someone help me? I do not want to spend an hour on the phone with xfinity. I have already unplugged the flex box and plugged it back in. I have refreshed the headphones multiple times, also. Nothing works. 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @FJessica. I am sorry to hear you have had trouble pairing your headphones to the Flex box. First, please follow this link for a step-by-step pairing guide https://comca.st/3xDH6FQ. Secondly, scroll down to the bottom of the link, and you will see the FAQ section. This area has some basic troubleshooting steps to help. If you are still having trouble, our team would be happy to help. I am sure working together we will get to the bottom of this! 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I don't understand how after six months, there is still not a fix for this! It used to work fine, but then you all did something in early April and it stopped working. No matter how many times we do a system refresh, unplug the box, check the connection, forget the device-- nothing works. My headphones appear in the list but the connection fails. I have not had any issues connecting them with any other device and again, I used to be able to connect them to my flex box without any problems. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hey there @user_50e8d5. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to reach out to Xfinity on Forums! This is certainly not the experience we want for our valued members. Have any of the above answers helped or did you still need assitance with this concern?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityDevinC​ It would be great if you'd actually take this issue to the engineers instead of asking customers if any of the repetitive steps above that we've all tried worked.  No, none of the steps worked.

The engineers broke the Bluetooth functionality in a firmware release.  Report it now please and provide an ETA for repair. 

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Hi there, @TheMontclair. Thank you for commenting on this post. Please send us a peer-to-peer message so that we can assist you and open a ticket for this issue. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

And how would I send you that message?

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@TheMontclair

Thank you for the update that this is still an issue on your end. Let's get this looked at and resolved. The best way to get this to our engineering department is for us to run a troubleshooting program on the audio issue you are having with pairing your blue tooth headphones to your Flex box. To create this ticket for our engineers, I would need to have you send us your full name and address in a direct message. To send a direct message, first make sure you are signed into the Forums. Then you will click on the "Chat" icon in the upper right. Next, click on the "pen/pad" icon, and lastly select Xfinity Support. Thank you for your time. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Yep replaced mine 7 months ago. Just go into an Xfinity store and ask for a replacement. The agent knew exactly what I was talking about. He said they've had issues with older models. So he gave me a new model which looked different and it has been working since.  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I agree that the only fix is replacing your box. I’ve talked to customer service so many times and they often provided instructions that are on their website but are just wrong. Finally they sent me a new box and it now works fine.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @user_50e8d5. Thank you for letting us know that an equipment swap was the fix for your situation. I'm glad to hear things have been taken care of. Please keep us updated if anything changes. We are always here to help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here