U

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 3:55 AM

xfinity your phone number has been removed from your account email

I received a email stating that my phone number has been removed from my account. This is the phone number I have always used. Is this a fake email I have internet am mobile services

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

19 days ago

I got this as well. Instead of clicking the link I went directly to the website in a browser and checked my info in settings which shows my number is still there. Either it’s an error or spam so I reported it anyway just in case. online.communications@alerts.comcast.net is the email it came from.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

19 days ago

I just got the same email. 

I hope there is some clarification from Xfinity soon on this. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I contacted customer support chat and they checked it out making sure it wasn’t changed on their end but had no real answer for why the email was sent. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

midtwilightblue, Hi there! Thanks for spending the time out of your day to visit our forums page for help with checking why you received that email. I would have the same concern as well. We can help. After researching this further, I see that this situation normally occurs when a customer provides us with a telephone number and later changes the number or disconnects phone service, but does not to update the telephone number with Comcast. How does this sound?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

750 Messages

Hello there, @sl33stak! We do post know scams/phishing email alerts here : https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/alerts This is not a comprehensive list of course, but you can check to see if what you received matches anything listed. Also, as others have mentioned, have you recently updated any contact information on your account? That may be the cause. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

18 days ago

i just got the same email i didnt click the email link i just went to the app and everything looks normal, my number remains the same. must be scam to get control of your account or something.

1 Message

18 days ago

I called 1800comcast. Talked briefly to a person who insisted I needed to transfer to Xfinity Mobile service. I agreed to hold, waited 20 minutes and call was dropped. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_ua3in6 Hey there! Thanks for your time and for letting us know about your experiance. If you still need help we are here to help! 

1 Message

18 days ago

Happened to me too, on multiple Comcast email addresses. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_rm50me! The alerts section of our Report Abuse website is routinely updated with known scams. There are also steps to report spam emails to in the “Report Spam and Phishing Emails” section.

2 Messages

18 days ago

I found this 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.purevpn.com/blog/xfinity-scams/amp/

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

17 days ago

Good evening @user_spr35b, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums, we appreciate it! I'm sorry to hear that you received an email stating that your phone number has been removed from your account, that's definitely strange! Rest assured, our team is here to help. Do you recently make any changes to your online account for example updating your contact information? So we know how to best assist, may I confirm if you have landline service with us or just mobile? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here