U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 16th, 2022 7:00 PM

Closed

Windows 11 mail app not working with comcast

Windows 11 mail and calendar wasn't working with Comcast e-mail.  I followed comcast e-mail installation instruction for Windows 10.  Everything went through fine but couldn't send and receive comcast e-mail. 

Checked connect.xfinity.com -> Setting -> Security, "Allow access to my Xfinity Connect e-mail through third-party programs .... " showed "Check".  I tried manual setup and specified incoming server with "imap.comcast.net:993" and outgoing server with "smtp.comcast.net:465", in vain.  I even tried a fresh installed Windows 11 didn't help. 

Strang thing was under Windows 11, I have no problem with gmail and Outlook 2016, only Windows 11 mail and calendar.  I believed Windows 10 mail and calendar worked fine with Comcast e-mail.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

@user_15b057. Thanks for reaching out about email through Windows. I appreciate you following the instructions and I don't have any references that state anything about Windows 11 and also don't have any known issues listed for windows 11. We can always put in a ticket to look further into it. To try all options, can you try port 587 for outgoing?

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

2 years ago

Moved to Email as this is not disability related.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Tried outgoing mail server address 587, still not able to send/receive e-mail in Windows 11 mail and calendar.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

It looks like after Windows 10, the next iteration was Windows live mail 11, which we do have a guide to. 
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/connect-on-windows

Would you be able to check out this guide as well and let us know if it is more helpful? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Windows live mail 11 is an old e-mail app, it is older than Windows 10 mail and calendar.  As I stated before, I have no problem with Windows 10, just 11.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

Are you by chance using VPN connection? This may have an impact if you are.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ No VPN, just plain Comcast internet.  I tried Outlook 2016 under Windows 11, I have no problem, just mail and calendar.

Thank you,

Vince

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Was there ever a solution found?

I have what I think is the same problem.  I'll add that only under comcast.net email will Mail & Calendar stop sending.  BUT still recieve fine.  Works for a period after rebooting windows.

Note I have two comcast.net accounts and both do this, but the outlook.com and gmail.com accounts work perfectly.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@BlueZoom Is this also for Windows Live Mail 11? Have any changes been made through the settings? I would also like to share this link for additional assistance.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

Just an FYI....I think the mail app referred to here isn't Windows Live Mail [20]11, but refers to the mail app IN Windows 11, which is a whole different ball park.  There is also a mail app in Windows 10 - which I have never tried - but is probably pretty much like the one in Windows 11.  The mail app is appropriately name MAIL [who would have thought?!?!?!].

Because there are different platforms being discussed it helps to be specific.  😉

@XfinityTambrey @XfinityEthan @XfinityJanelle @XfinityEva 

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Ditto...Does xfinity have a workaround?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_tw00, and thank you for reaching out about your email issue. If none of the support above was able to help, and you are still having issues sending and receiving emails please let us know, and we would be happy to help in any way we can!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hi,

I started having this same problem about 10 days ago. I have not solved it, but for lack of trying. I have contacted Comcast/Xfinity Tech Support. They are friendly, but have not helped solve the problem yet. This is frustrating.

Regards,

RaliR

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@RALIR​ 

Hi,

I started having this same problem about 10 days ago. I have not solved it, but for lack of trying. I have contacted Comcast/Xfinity Tech Support. They are friendly, but have not helped solve the problem yet. This is frustrating.

Regards,

RaliR

See if this post solves the problem for you.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Hey, @RALIR. I appreciate you making us awre of the troubles. I am here and would love to try a few steps together. Have you tried any of these steps listed here : ‎Enable/Disable Third-Party Client Access to https://comca.st/3QKcCt2 Email | Xfinity Community Forum

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hi Xfinity Lamont,

Yes, I have tried, but that is not the issue. I have tried all kinds of approaches, changing the SMTP server port # from 465 to 587 to 465, changing IMAP to POP to IMAP, changing the passwords again and on and on, but nothing worked. I keep getting error messages, relating to Comcast server , such as "Your server does not support the connection encryption type you specified" (I have tried anything from SSL/TSL (Comcast Recommended) to auto to StartTSL and all different combinations between SMTP server and POP server.), "Send test email message: The connection to the server was interrupted", "The server responded:421 resomta-h1p-027908.sy" ,"The server responded:421 resomta-a1p-077251.sy" (I have no idea what the last 2 error messages mean),"Task "XXXXXXX:Folder: Inbox Check for new mail." reported error (0x800ccc0e: Outlook cannot download folder inbox from the IMAP mail server" and on and on. 

After spending the last weeks, I finally gave up and settled on forwarding the comcast messages to my outlook mailbox under outlook.com email address (this works fine until I am ready to "reply" to my comcast mail and the reply address turns out to be my outlook.com email address, at which point I switch to my comcast address by web access and reply from there. I am really not a happy camper.

Regards,

RaliR

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Just playing around and discovered that Office 2019 outlook, which look and feel like Windows 11 mail and calendar, didn't work with comcast.net mail.  So it was definitely comcast mail server issue - not compatible with Windows 11.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_15b057​ My mistake.  It seemed it was fixed now.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

so you could install? Could you please tell me how. New to HP land, was Apple user. I need basics please please

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@Sandee8484​ 

You don't really need to install anything to get your Xfinity Connect email.  Just sign in on the home screen and then click on the letter icon and you will go to your email.

If you're wanting to use a third party email like Windows Email App, you should be able to find it by clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left of your screen, or by pressing the Windows key on your key board, and then scrolling down Mail.  When you start that up you should get prompts on how to set up your email for Xfinity Connect.  You will also need to go to webmail, however, to set up third party email so that you don't have to sign in to the webmail site.

Click on this post to help you with third party email.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

I hope all is well I just wanted to check in with you and see if you needed any additional assistance or if the help from our awesome expert @again was all you needed to get up and going correctly? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We just updated to Windows 11, actually Geek Squad did it for us to try to resolve a Teams issue, and are now seeing that the comcast email isn't working at all.  Are there any updates to this issue?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here