hsherer's profile

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

Friday, December 29th, 2023 10:29 AM

Closed

Unable to Access Comcast Email Accounts using Outlook 365

This problem just started for me on 12/28/23.  Outlook 365 keeps asking for server authentication and password information in order to log in and access the account.  However, when using Outlook 365 I can send outbound emails from Comcast Email accounts.  I have referred to all the Xfinity Support documents and the settings for IMAP are set in my Outlook according to these documents.  What has changed?  I also have the correct setting checked in the Xfinity web access/email client to these two email accounts.  Please review and help me get this resolved.  

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

9 months ago

Hello there @hsherer!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  WE are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are here to ensure your services concerns are properly addressed & resolved.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can take a closer look at what is going on for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

I did what you suggested above.  Please see the Direct Message I just sent.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityArmand​, I just did this in a Direct Message.  Please Review it and get back to me. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ I am having a problem as well. Also Outlook. I was getting the username and password request constantly even though the password was correct. Now it says my IP address has been temporarily blacklisted. Can you please send me a message so we can get this fixed?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Also now can't access it through Xfinity website. It says something like "we are having a problem." This is a secondary email address and not the primary.

1 Message

I am having the same issue, hoping this post allows me to access direct messages.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

9 months ago

I have the exact same problem, and it just started.  It seems as if outbound email is working, just not inbound.  I have tried everything.  It all started with Xfinity foracing a password change, and now I can only access email from a browser.  Outlook and my iPhone email apps do not work.

Official Employee

• 

872 Messages

@hsherer I'm sorry to hear that you are also not able to access your email. Let's see if we can get it sorted out for you. Would you please send our team a direct message through the above steps so we can work directly on your account?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

9 months ago

I cannot access my email on my Android phone or tablet with Outlook. (Email does work on my computer with Outlook.) It started after I was asked by Comcast to change my password. I got a message to "sign in" and then an "Edit imap" screen comes up. When I enter my new password, I get an error message. I called Comcast but an agent took so long trying to find a solution that I had to end the call to leave for an appointment. It sounded like he had no idea what I was talking about. Please tell me if the imap settings have changed or if there is another way to repair this problem.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there @user_iyo37y so sorry to hear about these issues with re-syncing your Xfinity Email over Mobile and Tablet( are both Android-based?)  We have asked our customers to update their passwords as an additional security measure and was never intended to bring about such a headache. 

Regarding our IMAP settings, they have not changed but will leave them for you below, Is this what you've tried already?

Incoming Server Settings:  

Email address (in Username field) and Password
IMAP server: imap.comcast.net
Security type: SSL
Port: 993

Outgoing Server Settings

Enter the following Outgoing server settings details, before selecting the Require sign-in checkbox and tapping Next:
SMTP server: smtp.comcast.net
Security type: SSL
Port: 465
Email address (in Username field) and Password

This information is found in the article below. 

Switch your Xfinity Email from POP to IMAP on Samsung Galaxy Tab

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ This information did not solve the problem. I called customer service again, was transferred four times, then was told by the agent that he did not have a solution for me but would continue to research and call me back in two hours. I never received a return call.

I eventually called the Geek Squad and talked to a very knowledgeable and kind agent who suggested uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook. That worked.

I wish Comcast had such helpful agents who understood the issues instead of simply reading me what their screens said. I am seriously considering changing to a different email provider.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

While Xfinity did create the problem forcing a massive password change where you have to contact support to reset it (something they did not mention after massive data breach) this problem seems to be with the Outlook android app.  You do not have to reinstall but you will have to delete data from storage. Then recreate everything you set up. 

They did not handle the breach well at all. I'm sure we haven't heard the end of this one. They increased my bill of all things and didn't provide free credit monitoring after breach. Shameful.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

9 months ago

Cannot receive any comcast.net emails on Outlook client (Mac, PC or iOS) after forced password change.  Also cannot use any other email client on Mac or PC to do so.

CAN re-establish connection in native iOS Mail app after some work (have to trick setup with wrong password just to get to screening allowing IMAP vs. POP choice.  

Web-based email seems to be working.  

What a [Edit: Language].  What is wrong with Comcast?!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here so we can help get your Email working properly, @bitty_son! Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am facing same issue.  Not able to get emails since Comcast password has changed.  Please show resolution in forum for all to see...

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

How many people are having email problems with Xfinity’s server identity and trust chain listed in their SSL certificate which does not match the domain

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

This is happening to me now and I am in DM hell with a tech that can read what the system tells him, but is pretty limited in his knowledge. 

Funny thing, I have two different email apps on my smart phone.  One of them can access my comcast email and one cannot.  [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I think I have resolved on my computer, changed the password to the new one for the xfinity site , still not working on my cell as IMAP only as pops3...guess its manual editing for each device.  Very upsetting as it started when we had to change teh Xfinity pa.

1 Message

9 months ago

Same here. Changed password and I can use it for web and Thunderbird but not Outlook on my phone. (IMAP)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_kydjps. If you are still having trouble, and none of the steps in this thread of helped, please let us know and we will see if there are more troubleshooting steps that will assist you. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

An Outlook Tech told me the email problem was  with Xfinity’s server identity and trust chain listed in their SSL certificate which does not match the domain

1 Message

Exactly!!!!  Mine states cannot connect to server.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_0ph2yr Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Have you had a chance to take a look at this helpful post Emails via Outlook. Please let us know if you are still seeing an issue with your email.  

1 Message

9 months ago

This is totally unacceptable especially since Xfinity had a data breach Oct 2023 and didn't even inform customers unless we happened to log in to our Xfinity account which I did when the cost went up in Jan. I don't have time to DM/call support while they try to figure it out. Provide a fix for android/iOS and post on your website. Use your profits to hire/pay staff that can deal with your constant tech issues and down time. Is this what we can expect with no regulations and monopolization of every industry? I can't wait to move and not have to use Xfinity for internet!!!!

3 Messages

@user_sj2pbo​ I just posted a reply to an earlier message above. The Geek Squad suggested uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook on my Android phone and tablet. That worked for me. That agent was far more knowledgeable than the agents at Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

An Outlook Tech told me the email problem was  with Xfinity’s server identity and trust chain listed in their SSL certificate which does not match the domain

1 Message

9 months ago

The same problem started for me when xfinity prompted me to change my password today. Now the only way I can get new emails is through the xfinity website, not on my Android and not on my PC.  I keep getting prompted to input my password on my phone and the Login Error message displays and asks me to try again.  The message on my PC says Outlook couldn't synchronize the folder for my email and cannot connect to the server. I'm advised to contact the internet service provider. After reading the comments below, I don't want to waste hours of my time contacting Comcast. HELP!

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@user_lir9ku​ -  I sent you a direct message a moment ago.  When you have a moment, can you take a look and reply?To look at DMs, click on the little note icon way up at the top right-ish.

thanks,

XfinityDaveL

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello user_lir9ku

We would be happy to help with the email situation. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-auto-payments

2 Messages

With so many people having the same or similar problems, why can't you just post a fix, instead of requesting a thousand people to send you an email for the same problem?  Maybe you're just trying to generate a ton of trouble tickets to justify your job fixing what you [Edited: "Language"] for us so horribly?  Is that what your idea of the "community forum" site is for?  Webmail is HORRIBLE as a primary e-mail interface, yet you seem to be pushing us all to that, by not publicly providing a solution.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_vzmyg7, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Because we are dealing with personal account information, it isn't something we can work on in a public setting. If you would like more assistance, please send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

Opened a DM with support, checked all the level 1 boxes (third party access security? right password? clear outlook cache? uninstall/reinstall - STOP!)

Agent requested full name and service address to 'fully verify' the account. I mentioned I no longer have service (moved out of comcast area) and just want to keep email. Agent Jodie said (s)he would send 'a 15 minute live security code over to the email' ... then I got ghosted.

Thanks, Comcast!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@daddydynamite Sorry for the delay, we are still with you, and we'll continue via your Direct Message.

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@daddydynamite -  I sent you a direct message a moment ago.  When you have a moment, can you take a look and reply?To look at DMs, click on the little note icon way up at the top right-ish.

thanks,

XfinityDaveL

1 Message

@daddydynamite​   You can’t keep the email if you don’t pay for service.  If you know locals who still have Comcast have them login and put your email under their account.  I did that for my sister 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_qhvczl Once you start an Xfinity/Comcast email account when you have active services you can keep it for life! Check out this page here for more inforamtion it's yours to use as long as you keep logging in! https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-email-only

9 months ago

I'm experiencing the same thing on all Android devices. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Outlook with no joy.

Walks and talks like the previously mentioned SSL Certificate issue to me & that could be easily fixed if it could simply be acknowledged and addressed! This is a major pain and sadly exemplifies a lack of accountability and timely communication with the IT/support department. Seems to be a lost cause to expect a big business to honor their obligation to actually deliver a working service (much less basic respect of accurate and effective answers) to their paying customers.

For now, I guess I'm locked into logging into the website with it's terrible search functionality along with everyone else.  Meanwhile, Outlook keeps asking me to login on my email@comcast.net and rejecting my email & password combination that it's website accepts for successful login. So fun!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@SisterNight303​  -  I sent you a direct message a moment ago.  When you have a moment, can you take a look and reply?To look at DMs, click on the little note icon way up at the top right-ish.

thanks,

XfinityDaveL

1 Message

9 months ago

I am having the same problem.  Please set me up for direct messaging

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@user_5g9uq6​ sent you a DM a moment ago.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

9 months ago

As I said earlier, I am having the same problem... when my IP isn't "black listed." Other times it just keeps asking for the password. I put it in. It won't accept it. This happens over and over. Could someone please help me as well?????

1 Message

8 months ago

Solution - if you are beyond frustrated just go to the last paragraph for this partial solution using just your phone.

For the last few days, whenever I try to get my Xfinity email using outlook on my computer, I get popups asking me to log onto my account and enter my username and password.  Upon entering my password, it says my username and/or password are incorrect.  I try again and the same thing happens.  It is an endless cycle and I don’t get my mail.

I tried everything to fix the issue.  I deleted my email accounts and tried to reinstall them.  The new accounts would not be accepted.  I thought it might be a reset password issue and tried to reset my password, but Xfinity wanted me to be home near my router – for the purpose of resetting my password.  Unfortunately, I am out of the country.  I went to the Xfinity homepage to get my email, but it didn’t show any of my recent emails and it wasn’t working.  I also went to my Xfinity My account on my phone.  Xfinity wanted to update my phone app right then and I was made to endure the update and I couldn’t see any of my emails.

I then called the Xfinity help phone number (800-xfinity) and went through hours of talking to a heavy accented individual that I was constantly asking him to repeat himself because I couldn’t understand him.  Eventually we got to the point of where I could get my emails using an archaic and time-consuming process of finding the right Xfinity website and logging on.  But because I have multiple emails with Xfinity, I must sign on separately for every email account.  What a waste of time.  In the end Xfinity blamed outlook (3rd party provider) and they were satisfied that because I could at least get my emails through Xfinity they had done their job.

Solution (but only partially).  In using my apple phone, I turned off my WIFI and disconnected from my router.  (no longer connected to cable).  In using cellular service alone, I went back to my phone app for outlook and added my two Xfinity email accounts.  It worked perfectly and easily.  Now I have all my email accounts and I can access them just using my face ID.   It’s obvious that Xfinity must solve this issue and it is their problem alone.

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@user_bskjze​ I sent you a private forum DM a moment ago.  Can you look at it and reply when convenient?

2 Messages

8 months ago

Good morning -

Having the same issue with Outlook and Thunderbird where after changing the password per Xfinity's request due to DATA BREACH and now no email client works from a Windows 11 PC or Mac in my home.  I have tried all the solutions recommended from changing password back to original, to deleting Outlook Profiles and creating new, as well as completely trying on a new build of Windows 11 PC (Clean Install) and it appears the IMAP servers are no longer accepting the passwords after they are changed.  Webmail works fine as a work-around but to me it is obvious that Xfinity has a larger issue with their servers.  Perhaps moving to Microsoft 365 to host all emails would be the best solution for Xfinity to invest in to meet needs of their customers.  With the amount of $ we spend on internet and other services, it would be a no brainer to fix this ASAP.  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@zignon​ Exactly why  I changed my password. The breach. I was notified my information was involved. Now they refuse to help with this issue and they've never even sent me a direct message to help. (I've asked on this thread several times.) I am so fed up with Xfinity. They have terrible customer support.

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@zignon​ I sent you a private forum DM a moment ago. Can you look at it and reply when convenient?

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@user_a5218d​ I sent you a private forum DM a moment ago. Can you look at it and reply when convenient?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here