No69Zn3ZrYkDNm's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, March 10th, 2024 9:34 PM

Closed

Trouble receiving email from my Comcast email address using Apples mail app

I use an Apple iPhone SE 2nd edition with iOS 17.4. All my apps are updated at least 1X/day including the apple mail app which I use to access my email from the Comcast server. To many times I see a pop up notice that the Comcast server is not accessible when I check my email through the apple mail app. I have tried the following:

#1. Deleted and successfully setup the mail account again through the iPhone settings menu with all the correct settings.

#2. Rebooted the phone

#3. Rechecked for the latest Apple mail app.

#4. Made sure I have an internet connection either through my  WiFi or through my cellular  provider. 

Despite all this I still frequently cannot download my email through the app despite making sure the Comcast server is not down. This happens intermittently and after waiting for awhile I can again get email through the app.

Would appreciate any and all help with this problem and thank you.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

6 months ago

@No69Zn3ZrYkDNm We know that being able to use your email via the mail app on your phone is crucial for easy access to your communications, and we want to ensure that this is working for you! Are you able to share the full message that pops up when you get a notice that it is not accessible? Does an error code ever pop up?

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ 

The full messages as follows:

Cannot get email

Comcast is currently unavailable 

As I have said before this problem does not occur all the time but just enough to be very annoying. Thank you for your help.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

@No69Zn3ZrYkDNm​ 

No error code appears

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ 

No error code appears

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

Thanks for confirming there are no error codes

No69Zn3ZrYkDNm . The error message you are seeing is a generic one. One thing I can suggest is that when it happens, you may want to try our web based email here : https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/ to see if there is a problem with our server. I can confirm we have had no email server issues registered for quite a while, so the problem may lie with the app or your device itself. You have already peformed all the troubleshooting that would be necessary from our end. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

In June 2024 I am experiencing the same dang thing. But I've used Xfinity's browser based site and my email works fine. This suggests to me that it's Apple's problem, especially since their upgrade to 17.5.1. I even had this problem when on iOS 16. Good luck getting Apple to admit anything. They're terrible in so many ways. My Samsung phone was better, freer to do what I wanted, not under Apple's tyrannical rule!!

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 months ago

Thank you Mr. Xfinity Frank for your response to my problem which unfortunately is occurring more frequently.

I have successfully done all the following     
      Successfully Un and REeinstalled the latest edition of the apple mail app with all the correct settings upon reinstallation

I make sure my iOS and all my apps are updated    

Rebooted my iPhone SE 2nd edition    
      Made sure that there is no Comcast outage

Made sure I have an internet convection ie either WiFi or cellular 

Unfortunately despite doing all the above this problem seems to be  occurring more frequently.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for the favor of your response and have a good day.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@No69Zn3ZrYkDNm Can you check your current settings on the Xfinity Email website?  I believe there was a known issue happening within the mail settings where a previously checked box was defaulting to unchecked. The box allows you to manage your email through third-party programs like Outlook, Apple Mail, etc. It was previously selected by default, allowing everyone to access their Comcast email remotely, but a few months ago, some customers started reporting that it became unchecked. You can find more details about how to access and fix this here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access. Please take a look and let me know if your third-party email box was unchecked. If it was, you should be able to re-check the box to allow third-party access.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

this is EXACTLY what just happened to my husbands iphone se 2nd gen!!!!!!! thanks, this fixed it. and that is AFTER going to the xfinity store, the t mobile store, and the apple genius bar

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 months ago

Thank you Chrissy 15221 for your response but unfortunately I don’t see how this would impact my problem of sometimes having trouble receiving my email on the Apple Mail app.

If you could explain I would appreciate it.

Thank you and have a good day.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 months ago

Thank you once again Chrissy 15221 for your response and advice.

I went into the settings for my Apple Mail app and I see that the incoming mail server Comcast settings show IMAP Account Information with the host name:

imap.comcast.net

which would indicate to me that the actions on the Comcast server should be reflected on my Apple mail app. UNfortunately at times this is not the case ie there is new email on the server but I get that pop up indicating:

“Cannot get email

Comcast is currently unavailable”

with the only option available is the tap on OK.

Apple support has told me that the Apple mail settings are correct.

As I have indicated previously this problem is intermittent w/o any rhyme or reason.

Thank you for you help and have a good day.

1 Message

4 months ago

I am having two issues with my iPhone Comcast mailbox.  The box is full because emails from years ago keep coming back as unread after they have been deleted… over and over again.  Also, I tried to forward myself a message and received an error message:  Cannot send mail - Sender address invalid.  
Any suggestions to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you - LSO 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_7fo5qw Thank you for reaching out. I see you're running into similar issues on your end, and I understand this has been frustrating for everyone. That said, I know everyone's situation is a bit different. Do you know if you're using POP or IMAP? Can I have more details about any troubleshooting you've tried so far? 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I just started having the same problem - can't access Comcast email on my phone, but only when on cellular connection. There were no changes in any setup, same mail app, same settings I've had for several years.  This happens if I setup as POP3 or IMAP.  Works fine via WiFi.  My error is that the IP is blacklisted.   So Comcast server blacklisted Comcast cellular IP?

Common guys: Comcast Android phone can't connect to Comcast mail server suddenly? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@photonak Sorry to hear you are also having email trouble. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps shared above? If you have and still require assistance, please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I was having same problem this week.  Spent time with xfinity techs.  I was having issue on 5 separate devices.  Finally, after many diff solutions explored,  tried cellular service only and turned off wifi and that seems to work.  If I put devices back on wifi.....no email. WIFI works for everything else.  I get the same message above

“Cannot get email

Comcast is currently unavailable”

For some reason, my ISP is being blocked from xfinity email or my IP address is.  I moved to an area outside of xfinity service so I only use their email now. 

Does this make sense?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello user_1d0f01, thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. Yes, what you are saying makes sense and you are in the right place to get to the bottom of this issue. When is the last time you logged into your Xfinity Email account? Has it been more than 6 months ago? 

2 Messages

2 months ago

The same thing happens to me also 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_xbcubt Thank you for letting us know. Can I get more details about your situation so we can help? Please provide any steps you've taken so far. We are here to assist. 

1 Message

Same thing is happening to me. Mail works on cellular data not when connected to wifi

1 Message

Tried all steps above. In addition it dies not work on my laptop mail app either, only browser. This started late June.

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@user_4cegg3​ I sent you a private forum DM a moment ago.  Can you read and reply when you have a chance?

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@user_m80v3n​ I sent you a private forum DM a moment ago.  Can you read and reply when you have a chance?

1 Message

2 months ago

Same problem here.  My email can be reliably downloaded only when I am connected to the cellular service (Verizon).  If I am connected to the Xfinity network, either via WiFi or Ethernet, downloading my email is impossible or very slow.  Sometimes it downloads only part of the email.  What gives?  I have tried it on many devices with the same results.

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

@user_ixb0v7​ I sent you a private forum DM a moment ago.  Can you read and reply when you have a chance?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_ixb0v7 are you able to let us know more details. Have you tested this on multiple devices? Are you using webmail or an email client? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here