any ideas?

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue, same day, same everything.....no fix yet

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Also having the same experience, occurring at the same time.

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

user_jhh What troubleshooting have you tried on your end? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I am having the same issue.. Failed in same timeframe. Cannot access comcast email address on IOS or Microsoft Outlook for PC. smtp password not accepted. Cahnged my password for xfinity as they required, and smtp failure will not recognize any password for smpt. Very frustrated.

1 Message

3 months ago

I'm having the same issue.  Starting Monday, all of my devices stopped connecting to the Xfinity SMTP server.   Our other Comcast email addresses are working, but this one account, I can only view my email through the web portal.  Help!  I've tried resetting the password, removing and adding the account back into Outlook & Apple, no dice.   It continues to say the server couldn't be contacted.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi there, user_3465z4! Thanks for reaching out for assitance with the email box. As I have helped with this same issue, I keep finding that there is no valid password reset option associated with the Xfinity ID/email box that is causing this. Each Xfinity ID/email address must have a personal cell phone number or email address associated with it that is unique to the account to complete the password reset. Have you tried contacting our Customer Security Assurance team for assistance with that? They can help to get an option set up and the password properly reset so you can use the email box once again. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

How does one contact the Customer Security Assurance team?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

Good afternoon @magmag5, and thank you for taking the time to reach out on our Community Forums with your email concerns, we appreciate your time and are sorry to hear that you're having trouble sending email through smtp. Rest assured, our team is here to help. How long has this issue been happening? May I also ask what type of device you are using or if you have tried any alternate devices? 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 months ago

Same Problem.  Secondary account.  Email from Comcast says change Password.  Changed PW.  Now SMTP will not accept new PW.   Tried total reset i.e. deleted account in Outlook and Added it back in but not it will not complete add new account as SMTP will not accept new or old PW.   Tried on another PC to add account to Outlook.  Same problem SMTP will not accept new PW.

Now getting SMTP Fails on iPhone and iPad when sending.  New PW not accepted.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Have made no changes BUT tried again today and new password registered.  Solution:  Wait 48 hours and try again.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

cr-stagg Thanks for the update. I'm glad the password worked this time around. For future reference, you can contact our CSA team by calling our Support line 1-800-Xfinity, and asking to be transferred to our CSA team. I hope this helps. 

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue... it appears the SMTP servers are not authenticating changed passwords, not a level 1 support issue, please escalate.

4 Messages

3 months ago

My POP3 Outlook 2007 email has broke off and on for about a year now - the emails will not come in and I have to go to the website to access them.

Normally I don't get so excited, for it usually fixes itself in a day - except for the time when the forced me to get a new pw.  on 7/19 - again - it went down - and it's 3 days now.  I'm 587 and 995 ports - I've changed absolutely nothing  and it broke itself

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_gn851f​ thank you for taking the time to reach out to this post, I completely understand needing to have access to your email communications the way you want to access them. I know you mentioned you hadn't changed anything on your end, did you confirm there weren't any automatic changes inside the 3rd party client email settings: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

Same issue here with SMTP on one of my e-mail accounts.  It keeps asking for the PW.  I have tried every PW I have used with Xfinity.  It doesn't offer any assistance.

4 Messages

I'm going to throw out what HELPED me - it makes no sense but it fixed it so my mail would download again into Outlook.  I changed the port back to 110 - then did a test email - that of course, didn't work.  Then I put back in , 995 - and BAM it worked. - Outlook fixed one more time.  This happens to me about 3 times a year - same thing - mostly, it's fixes itself by the next day. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

HI there, user_gt7614! Thanks for reaching out about the email box showing a password is needed. Are you able to login to the Xfinity Connect website for that email box or do you get an error when signing in there as well? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

07-31-2024 PM. I am also experiencing the same issue this evening.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

LoraandVern Thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding issues with your email. I know how important it is to have a working email! We would be happy to help. Have you tried and troubleshooting already? 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Same issue, same day, same everything.....no fix yet

2 Messages

I have tried so much for so long to get SMTP out going server to work using Mac Mail. I keep getting "Unable to verify username or password," but I can get incoming email.

I installed Telnet on my Mac, and can tell port 587 is working.

Going through the Xfinity assistant could not bring me to an agent; I don't know what the trick is.

I requested a call back on 1-800-XFinity.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_juliev, Thank you for getting back to us. Try reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance Team. 1-888-565-4329. internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here