Sending error 0x800CCC0F using Outlook/Microsoft 365 from both desktop and laptop machines
This inability to send emails has been happening on both my laptop and desktop machines for two days now. The POP3 interface is used. I can still receive emails. The error 0x800CCC0F "The connection to the server was interrupted" occurs within about 20 seconds of attempting to send an email. Both systems use the same email settings.
- Outgoing mail server is: smtp.comcast.net
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: checked
- Log on using: User Name / Password (checked multiple times for correctness)
- Remember password: checked
- Require Secure Password Authentication (SPA): unchecked
- Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail: not selected
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL/TLS
- Server Timeouts: 2 minutes
Both systems are running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. Xfinity is the common factor between the two systems. What's causing this and what will it take to get it fixed.